Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Inner places  (Read 7673 times)

Ruby

• View Profile
Inner places
« on: February 12, 2013, 10:46:54 AM »
Hello everyone!

I wanted to share what I experienced lastly and ask whether it occurs to you as well.

When I was little my dreams were very vivid and I used to remember them very often. Then, growing up I used to write down in my diaries the ones that somehow moved me deeply or left wondering about their meaning, but I could not recall many of them.
I have started to keep my dream diary 9 months ago. Not trying to interpret every each of them, I am keeping an eye on them.
What I found extremely fascinating is that some of my dreams, that are happening in a totally abstract places created by my imagination are later bringing up memories of my past dreams, that I thought I have forgotten.
Like for example, today I had a dream where I walk with my sister through the streets of the city that is not a real place. When I woke up, I realized that in some way I had dreamed before about this place, even though it looked completely different (instead of streets I was on a big square with a fountain in front of the museum) - like I was visiting the other part of it. The amazing thing is that I could not remember that dream about the “big square” until I have dreamt about walking on the streets of that Place.
I do not know if I have explained it well, but it is like I am now recollecting the images of my inner, dream places.

Regards,
Ruby
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:48:41 AM by Ruby »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Inner places
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 09:55:11 AM »
Ruby – That is one of the wonders of dreams, it shows that the world of our dreams is as real, in its own way, as the waking world.

Having explored my dreams for many years I have come to realise and know several of the familiar dream places. Here is a couple of examples.

“I realised that for years I have been dreaming of a secret place underground - a place difficult to reach, but one which I had found in my youth, and occasionally found my way back to. One had often to crawl through a very narrow hole at some point to get into the big place; the place of excitement; the place with fascinating objects in; the place that leads to some other place. Different dreams in the past have emphasised different aspects of the place.”

“I dreamt one of my old themes - going into a dark tunnel or underground passage in a derelict building. The building was large, perhaps originally some sort of public utility, but was now empty and battered. Children were around and were pressing to go down the tunnel to get to the secret place - hidden goal - new feeling - strange or unusual destination. It was not clear where, but there is always in these dreams the sense of something very strange, unusual and worthwhile to get to. I was reluctant to go. Maybe because I had looked down there so often, but also an element of fear.”

The first was from September 24th 1989 the second from March 1st 1991. But there are many others.

They are part of our inner world, huge and wonderful, that we have created and is worth exploring. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Good luck in exploring.

Tony