Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yet Another Dream of the X  (Read 4964 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Yet Another Dream of the X
« on: February 01, 2013, 09:22:28 PM »
So I had the most intense dream about my ex last night that I've had in some time.  I wish that I had recorded the dream as soon as I woke up.  There's so much I've forgotten already.  I remember it mostly being pleasant.  We were both happy to see each other.  She told me how I was right about a warning I gave her during sometime during the course of our breakup.  The feeling that she missed me just as much as I have her was quite a good one.  The ending was rather odd.  We're inside a house and people are approaching the door.  I realize that I don't have any pants on.  I'm searching frantically for something to throw on.  I come upon three pairs of shorts hanging up and am so relieved, but the relief is short-lived as I realize that each pair of shorts has been sliced from inner seam to inner seam.  I recognized each pair of shorts as ones that I had worn while dating her.  A few months back I tossed them all out.  I still have a box full of memorabilia that I haven't been able to throw away.  I don't imagine I will unless I meet someone very special.  And let me add that I haven't been wallowing in self-pity.  I've been having a very positive outlook on everything.  That's why this dream came as such a surprise.

Lately, I've been reading a book called,"The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle.  He talks about the peace we can achieve as well as the positive changes that can be made in our lives simply by being completely present and aware in each moment.  Also he mentions how we attach our identities/our egos to past events/relationships and how it causes us to suffer.  I believe I have let go for the most part.  Of course, deep in the back of my mind I'm holding on to the possibility of her coming back in to my life.  I miss her intensity.  She just bursts with passion in everything she did.

Tolle also mentions how we need to let emotions run their course.  It reminds me of Tony's advice that we explore our dreams/nightmares as well as the tremendous healing we achieve through Life Stream.  I suppose this dream may be an indicator that there are emotions from this relationship that I've yet to deal with....

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Yet Another Dream of the X
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 12:17:04 PM »
Aristocrates – The X you are dreaming of is all the memories and stages of growth you are facing and not the actual person. I know I keep saying this, but it is partly for those who follow your progress in there posts.

This another step toward marriage – the marriage between you and your other half. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-anima-jungs-view-of-the-female-in-the-male/

The business about the shorts, I feel, is that your need to become whole. You need to expose all of yourself and not run around trying out things, attitudes, that didn’t work in the past. The dream is a sign of growth, so do not judge yourself too quickly. "Judge not and be not judged". Life is a Whole as well as a Part - the old and wonderful opposites that many people can never accept.

Tony