Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: dreams do not parrot what you already know,!  (Read 5816 times)

mikey

• View Profile
dreams do not parrot what you already know,!
« on: February 26, 2013, 10:09:22 AM »
hi tony,
i read the above phrase and have  small query,
if it is true that dreams do not parrot what we already know ,as what would be the point,i was wondering if you could help me understand this dream i had last night,
my own personal beliefs relating to this dream,
i am against the killing of anything for sport,around where i live are a lot of pheasant shoots,i see these guffawing ego maniacs on a daily basis this time of year,& my heart sinks at the thought of the pain & suffering about to be met upon the beautiful birds.that's my own opinion,i am not enlightened enough to be non judgemental about it.

the dream,
i am  watching beaters making noise etc to make birds fly up so they can be shot ,some birds are actually physically thrown over the bushes into the field where the guns are,i am appalled at this and realise i am not one of them,i am differant,i understand these people have lost connection with something,tears are rolling down my cheeks.
 i awoke feeling this incredible compassion with this suffering of the birds,
but the dream highlights the feelings i am already aware of,
as stated i am not of this kind of group ,never have been,
if it is highlighting the fact ,that i have lost connection with something or that i need to find a connection,and has nothing to do with how i feel about shooting birds etc  i can understand that ,especially if as you have said yourself,dreams are  feelings and fears disguised,
would love to here your thoughts.
rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: dreams do not parrot what you already know,!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 02:00:55 PM »
Mikey – I can only give my own feelings and thoughts about your question. And I am sure they are not understandable by some.

When I was 15 I became a fanatical vegetarian, signed the peace pledge and tried to live by what I believed. As years passed I learned to actual delve into the unconscious and saw a very different perspective of life and death. I saw, not thought, that there was no such thing as death. It penetrated me so deeply that when my father and mother died I felt no pain, no grieving, and no sense of their absence. When my best friend died from cancer again I had no feeling of loss, no sense of needing to grieve.

I am no longer a vegetarian because I also saw that Life gives itself to us every day. It dies that we might live. In fact we only live because we are constantly dying. Our body is all the time dying as thousands of cells die, and in doing so the new and living body can continue. If we allow ourselves to realise that it illustrates the meaning of the phoenix – it is consumed by the flames, and yet it arose anew. We have the fire of life within us that in consuming us gives birth to us continuously. It is the warmth of our body, the warmth, even passion, of our emotions and that is life – and life continuous through death.

Many friends have told me it is natural to grieve, and even get angry when I tell them it is not natural, but arises from a sort of blindness we are raised in. When my good friend's mother died and asked me to go with her to the funeral, I felt it was a terrible ceremony, but was suddenly and unexpectedly caught up in the magnificent vision of the dead woman being lifted up and married to her beloved – Christ.

So I can only wonder if your dream is about you having lost connection with something.

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 12:28:55 PM »
tony ,
thank you for your thoughts,
i agree that i must have lost connection with something,as to what that something is,i am not sure,
i hope further dreams will help clarify ,

i am a child looking through a crack in the fence,& i see the the one expressed in the many,but the many forget they are one.
mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 01:05:30 PM »
Sorry - I get carried away sometimes - but I mean well  :)

Tony