Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreaming in colour?  (Read 11492 times)

mimiglover

• View Profile
Dreaming in colour?
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:36:25 PM »
Hi i was just wondering if everyone dreams in colour. I always do, but I have heard that some people dream in black and white. This has only happened to me once a few years ago. I dreamt of white faces racing towards my face as if it was pitch black and they had a torch above their faces!! It scared me!! Hope everyone is well

marie

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreaming in colour?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »
I believe women dream in colour more than men. I think this is because in general they are more interested in colour. For myself I seldom dream in colour, and if I do it is a special feature of the dream.

Tony

mokey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »
I always dream in colour, I don't recall ever having a dream in black and white.
I am female and am very interested in colour generally anyway. I work as a photographer so colour plays a big part for that reason but also, colours have very personal meanings to me.

A dream in black and white would seem very strange to me, almost one dimensional.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 09:35:13 AM »

I do not dream in black and white - as you say that would be very strange. But I am in the dream world without particular awareness of colour. I hear lots of women who dream in colour, and I don't think it is because you are a photographer, I spent many years as a photographer. I think it is because women constantly think in colour, notice how other people dress and what colours they wear and whether they match.

Tony

Dakota

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 09:45:49 PM »
T, I think women dreaming more often than men color probably is more significant than one gender having more fashion sense. I really think this is fascinating, and it is a fact I never knew about men in general (is it true?) and you in particular. In my very vivid dreams color is generally hyper pronounced. In fact, I have had magical dreams where color is actually heard, like music, it is more than a seen experience; it is felt. That's it, I feel in color....I would love to hear more exploration of color and gender in dreams. Do any men dream often in vivid color? And do other women remember their dreams without noticing colors? I would love to hear from others.