Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I love you, I'm sorry, thank you  (Read 8923 times)

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
I love you, I'm sorry, thank you
« on: January 15, 2013, 10:22:57 AM »
I was a young black woman, in a room hiding behind a room divider.
I watched in horror as my uncle murdered my brother with a knife and laid the knife on a counter.
I burst out from behind the divider and fell to my knees, arms wide, feeling as if my heart had been pierced, wailing, "I love you, I'm sorry, thank you."
The passion and surge of gratitude and love I felt overcame my fear of what might happen, momentarily.  My uncle approached me and I went unconscious for a moment to awaken to him grabbing me and for a split second it seemed as if he was approaching me with love and I felt a breath of relief, only to realize with horror that he had grabbed my head and forced his penis into my mouth and was raping my mouth and urinating in it.  I grabbed his testicles (which felt like small boy testes) and tried to twist them to get him to stop, but I felt weak, powerless, ineffective and it didn't faze him in the least.
The force of the feeling all down my left side of my face and throat woke me up.

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
Re: I love you, I'm sorry, thank you
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 07:19:46 PM »
Also to add - I noticed that as I was waking up in the middle of the intense feelings, I was also breathing deeply to relax and "allow" the feeling.  Sort of a "I can't fight this so I'll receive and allow it" response.

I feel a little wowed by my own unconscious response, which reflects to me that my spiritual practices are showing up even unconsciously.
There were a few thoughts like, "I thought for sure love would take care of all of this."
So, perhaps I was unconsciously thinking that vulnerability and love would stop  someone in their tracks from attacking me.

I asked myself about the meaning of this dream, the answer was,
"Stop being so grateful, it leaves you vulnerable.  Stop opening your heart to mean people, they will turn on you." which I interpreted as a fear response to my increasing capacity to freely show and allow feelings of vulnerability.

The brother represents softer, kinder masculine feelings, protective and nurturing.

I dialogued with the uncle:

rain_dancer: Who do you represent?
uncle: The part of you desperately craving relief frorm the burden of life.  The death urge.

rd:  Why did you kill my brother?
uncle:  Because it felt good - relief from rage, rage at life. (note - this reminds me of more and more consciously noticing feelings of guilt for bringing a child into this "horrible and scary world" - also the rage of "I didn't ask to be here!  I didn't ask to be born!  I didn't ask to be made and have to face and deal with all of this pain and cruelty!)

rd:  Why did you rape me?
uncle: I want to defile you - to be rid of/purge this foulness in me.  I want to make you suffer/dirtly like me.  Then you will love me and we can be equals and I will feel better (relief).  I will be relieved of this burden of sin.  You are so pure.  I hate your pure and unsullied nature.

~~~
I felt so validated by this dream, as I've recently committed myself to becoming an embodiment of a particular deity of love and compassion.  I've heard it said that love brings up anything unlike itself to be healed.
I noticed that shortly after I began my sadhana in earnest, I picked up smoking clove cigarettes - and I'm not a smoker!!
I see the smoking as a manifestation of the part of me that felt split off and dirty and ashamed wanting to be integrated.

The way I processed this dream after the dialogue, then was to start with the feelings and go for a walk.  It was FRIGGIN COLD!! and I did this to take advantage of my body's ability to process information in a non-linear way, intentionally exaggerating the arm-swinging movements to receive the benefit of the arm/leg cross-movement.

While I was walking, I did inquiry.  "I want to defile you, is this true?  How do I feel when I believe that thought?  Who would I be without that thought?" and on in the same way with the other thoughts.
I asked myself if I was willing to forgive my mother for conceiving and birthing me (and now that I think of it, can I forgive my father for giving me life as well?).
I asked myself whether I could forgive myself for giving my son life and bringing him into this world in such an unconscious way.

After, I felt back into the gratitude of the dream - I know that the painful piercing of my emotional heart can make it stronger, and more resilient and the gratitude for that gift is a sweet, profound, blissful feeling.
Not only is it stronger, it is wiser.  More and more I feel like I have the heart of a woman, instead of a little girl.  I don't feel so vulnerable to the games of a player who used to be able to tug at and play my heartstrings and manipulate me - not just in love but also in dominoes!

So anyway, I soon felt back into being the uncle - in his shoes, what do I really want?  I broke down sobbing...to be good, to be good, to be GOOD, I just want to be GOOD good good, to be right (as in, aligned and right with myself, not morally right).  I loved and held myself tenderly, without reassuring myself, simply letting the thoughts and feelings flow.

Meditation and yoga before bed...and a good sleep with no remembered dreams!

I would still love and appreciate hearing your perspective, Tony, as I usually feel surprised and delighted at what you have to share!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:22:15 PM by Rain_Dancer »

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 02:07:44 AM »
After having had some time with this dream - I've come to see that the piercing sensation I felt in the heart, along with the feelings of gratitude, love, and remorse
was an ecstatic experience in the truest sense.

This week I've had 2 dreams of 2 exes, who I dated back to back.  The 2nd has a personality disorder that I was too mentally ill myself at the time to grasp.  I dreamed he showed his 'hateful' face to respected members of our community who wouldn't believe he would ever treat anyone the way he treated me behind closed doors.  I felt like I was validating myself internally in a way that I would never get in waking life.  He also pissed on my face, which speaks to me of sexual feelings coming through.

The other dream was one of acceptance, that the other ex was simply invested in mediocrity and always would be, he was never never ever never going to like or approve of my preference for sophisticated beauty, and that's just the way he is.  It's not about me.  I felt a clarity, peace and acceptance.

My intention has been to experience deep, true, enduring, synergistic, organic, divine love in human form with other humans.  My dreams lead me to believe I'm clearing out the crap at unconscious levels in order to allow this to manifest as and through me.  I woke up this morning, grieving and struggling, grieving and struggling and simply surrendering to it.  The thoughts and images don't really make sense to me, and it is difficult to discern 'imaginal' from 'real' in some ways, and in other ways I feel wiser and much more clear.

It feels scary to surrender to life.  I am thinking, Tony, of your dream of the happy people and the ones struggling, and I feel the same scenario happening within me.  My trust is growing, though and I feel like a sprout breaking ground...I don't have to figure out how to or even let myself become the oak, it's in my blueprint :D

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 11:33:56 PM »
More to this....

More memories and understanding of this dream has surfaced and now I can see that I am finally finally coming to accept and integrate that I was raped, physically, emotionally, psychologically - and the shame of being a victim of someone I love.

I've felt waves of rage and anger nausea and clarity and a couple of people I've clung to I now feel like I just never ever ever want to be around them again.  I don't hate them, my feelings have changed and the process of life responding to the feelings has an effect of sort of giving me a vaccination.  I don't feel an attraction to them anymore.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 02:43:32 PM »
Dear Rain Dancer - What wonderful work you have done and are doing, and thank you so much for sharing so fully.

It seems to me you have got hold of the way to open yourself to the divine power that is ours to claim, even though it is at times scary.

I am sure this will lead you to give even more of yourself as more of you arises. I wonder if you have seen this, it explains some things. http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

Tony

Rain_Dancer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
Yes, Tony, I have certainly read that piece, many times!
I probably re-read it every time I see you recommend it to someone.  I would say it, along with your other work, has been so important to me.

I haven't been able to relax enough on my own to release anything really deep for the most part.
I have been successful in releasing just after acupuncture and during a couple of massages.  Just a week or so ago, while my neck was being massaged, I felt an opening in my heart area and an intense longing and sorrow along with extremely vivid images of wishing that a former lover would just once reach out for me and 'be real'.
I had NO idea that was there!  Some stuff I have released that I recognized but that one was totally a surprise.  With consistent strokes, there was a few minutes of deep sobbing and then laughter and feeling light and blissed again.

It's so wild to me the things we repress and don't even have a clue they exist!
I am fairly certain there is some repressed rage and I don't feel like I have a safe place to express that so I acknowledge it and hand it valentines and love, trusting it will resolve one way or another, when the time is right.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 01:00:34 PM »
Keep on keeping on, and piece by piece is washed away.

Tony