Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Apprentice interpreted one  (Read 6711 times)

Rand

• View Profile
Apprentice interpreted one
« on: March 03, 2013, 02:50:08 AM »
My niece was scared. She had a nightmare about her dog. She has been living with me because she is a tender heart. She adopted this dog. This caused her to be kicked out of her apartment. destitute, she came to live with us. The dog had lived in a shelter. Well, he is a real good dog.  I happen to know animals better than I know people. When i grew up as a kid, i was on a farm. I was only a small little fellow, but in the mornings I was greeted by all my friends.  We had a big chicken coop, and some wild ducks, and some guineas running loose. Down closer to the barn, we had 13 horses both mares and their foals. We had a little appy stallion locked up in a stall.  There were several cows and just down a little farther was the pig pen, just past the big garden.

Those were all my best friends for at least 15 years.  My little collie dog always followed down to help and protect me along the way. She looked like lassie.

That has always been a place in my heart, so it although my life has changed quite a bit from those days, it was no big task for me to take on a new dog in my house.  So this little fellow, a corgy with short legs has grown to feel at home in our house.

The niece had a dream because finally she has found a house of her own and now she can move on to bigger and better things in life. She has been irresponsible with animals. She loves them but doesn't really understand them like I do. They get hungry and their tummies hurt. They communicate in all kinds of ways.

Her nightmare was something bad happened to her dog.

We were having waffles and coffee. I told her not to worry but it was just a recognition that she needed to be more aware of the responsiblity of owning an animal. I explained to her what goes through an animals mind after they have been in the pound, and now, and introducing them to a new location.

So , it turned out to be a moment of greater understanding and a move away from just thinking about ourselves but also everything around us.

So here is my celebation song of suffering for my own life today, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_yLFHyqqMM

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Apprentice interpreted one
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »
Rand – Thanks for the lovely description of your many animals friends and the little corgi.

And the music was good too. Not that I stayed in one job for 25 years and got a gold watch. I suppose my longest job was 9 years as a kitchen porter in a hotel. The only thing I have to show for it – apart from some good memories – is a wonky finger from working outside up a ladder in sub zero temperatures for days on end.

Tony