Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: India and Women  (Read 6886 times)

Christine

• View Profile
India and Women
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:35:07 PM »
I am walking towards people standing in an outdoor bazaar.  They are wearing elaborate colorful bejeweled clothing with headdresses and big skirts with bloomers underneath.  Clothing that looks like it is for a ritual.  India came to mind in my dream.  I walk toward them I notice that I am small...tiny almost and I end up under one of the skirts.

Next I see two (women maybe?) greyish bodies lying on the ground next to each other.  They are holding hands, a right hand holding the left of the other.  The hands are white and are encrusted with coral and sparkling gold between the thumb and forefinger.

Next I see a woman standing facing to the right.  Her body is healthy...her breasts firm and perky.

In an earlier dream the same night I saw the image of a yellow square with cut fringe on two opposite sides.  I was thinking it was either fabric or a slice of cheese.  Thinking cheese....I was thinking about how for much of my life I felt or let others make me feel secondary or insignificant...especially men...and because I am female.  I also felt insignificant to my mother as a child.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 05:53:00 AM by Christine »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: India and Women
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 02:52:01 PM »
Chris – The end of what you wrote about feeling insignificant reminds me of a time in my life when I was in the middle of an intense and painful depression. At that time a friend of my wife was visiting and I could not bear being around her jolliness and sureness in herself. So I hid in our junk room sitting on the floor. I had been there for some time and the woman came into the room smiling talking to me like a child who was sulking and she would jolly me out of it. All I wanted was to be left alone till she had gone, and such a rage rose in me her coming in was like opening the door to a fire letting the air in. I started to rise and the woman could see she had made a mistake and ran out of the room.

Looking back I can see that we are all creatures who have been conditioned, and you had been born and conditioned by being made to feel inferior. I had been conditioned to be made to feel like a castrated male, who had become a passive female character – apart from other things. It takes a long time to recognise and change such conditioning. But every effort we make toward it is a step toward wholeness. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us/#Victims

Your dream tells a different story. It appears to be an entrance into your inner world beyond any harm – a ceremony to allow a different part of you a chance to live and be known. Also it was a return to childhood – the small you beneath the skirts. Some times we have to regress to grow again undoing the damage done.

You have a very creative side of you that is still passive but has such riches of creativity that can be awoken. And then the full healthy woman that you are under any damage done is shown to you to strive for.

It is about a future that can be achieved.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 08:27:51 AM »
Thank you Tony...that was very helpful.

If you are not too busy...did you get the package yet?  The US Postal service tracking system online says it was mailed from here on the 21st of March, but there are no notes for activity after that date.  I was told 6 - 10 days and if it has not arrived yet I can call the local post office and see if they can track it down.  Thank you again.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 09:03:55 AM »
Hi Chris - It has come but is languishing in a postal service office because it says it needs $22 to pay for it because it didn't have enough postage. So tomorrow I will go - quite a distance 7 miles - to get it.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 09:59:51 PM »
Tony,

If you get this message in time please do not go to pick it up.  There must have been some mistake or screw up by the Postal Service...as I paid about $18.00 to ship it on this end...and I double checked the postage online as well.

If you have picked it up already I will surely reimburse you.

I apologize for the two inconveniences this has caused you...three if you count it being late.

Christine

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 02:01:06 PM »
Hey Chris - Don't be so heavy on yourself. I did say, "postal service office because it says it needs $22 to pay for it because it didn't have enough postage.

Well, when I got there I asked why it was so much and they told me $13 of it was for VAT, and the rest the UK post office puts money extra on the charge. So I think they must have thought this was a good way to get me to pay toward the government debt  :D.

Anyway it is all water under the bridge, and thank you for sending such an interesting film. I will probably watch it this evening.

And yes,we are friends.

Tony