Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newly Discovered Apartment  (Read 5617 times)

horizen

• View Profile
Newly Discovered Apartment
« on: March 29, 2013, 11:21:06 AM »
I dreamt I ran into an old childhood friend just outside my barn/garage.  He was walking through and we stopped to chat.  I told him I'd seen him walking through town a few times, but I was never fully certain it was him.  I asked if he lived nearby.  To my surprise he continues to walk toward me, right into the barn, and says that "Yes, I live here" gesturing inside the barn.  And he said he'd been living there for awhile now.  I am stunned since this is my barn and I had no idea he had made a place to live for himself here.  Right under my nose.  Befuddled, I stammer "You live here?? What? Where???"  And he proceeds to show me a secret slip of a doorway.  It is a narrow entrance way made out of the old wood.  I follow him up the secret passage way and am amazed when it opens up to reveal an awesome fully furnished apartment.  Who knew?  I am wonderfully surprised by this wonderful living space I had no idea existed.  It's spacious.  I follow him and there is just room after room.  Each turn around the corner is another surprise.  Right away I notice its decor--antique, rustic, valueable and quirky furniture.  I admire the antique chairs handmade long ago from beautiful wood.  (I love antique touches).  I was pleasantly surprised by this secret apartment.  Each step we took further into it revealed more rooms, more surprises.  It was fully decorated.  In fact, the deeper into this apartment we went it seemed to me to be a shop of some kind..there was so much interesting and valueable stuff.  Before I know it, its no longer just he and me there, lots of people are there.  It very much has the feel of a store or antique, specialty shop.  Lots of people I don't know are there, milling about, exploring all the items in the place as if its for public admiration or consumption.  Almost like a musuem or tourist site.  I feel propriety for this place.  It's my property.  And its also where he lives.  Its ours.  I feel very good about the place, like I wasn't expecting it and can't believe my luck that this exists. And had existed for so long without my knowing. 
As I walk about the rooms in the apartment, there are now so many people here.  I'm still discovering and admiring the contents of the place.  There are strings of gemstones and reflective jewelry/art from floor to ceiling in one corner of a room.  That's new to me.  I keep walking around.  All the people are here to look at the stuff inside the apartment.  Antique lamps, furniture..lots of different stuff..I see a couple young men sitting at a table admiring some gemstone rocks.  I notice one of the boys' energy as he admires some of the rocks while I pass.  He seems to be acting to me.  Faux interest, over the top interest.  To distract me.  I see he has a muddy green knapsack on the table and I intuitively know he stole some of the gemstones by stuffing it in his bag.  I call him out on it.  He denies it with a touch of humor and lightness, and tries to deflect.  So I physically reach into his bag and retrieve the items he'd concealed.  I knew he'd planned on taking from us, betting I'd never notice since there was so much activity going on, so many people, and the place busy with so many items blooming all over the place.  Everything in the apartment were things I liked and admired and wished to have one day.  Including the various rough gemstones.  Which to me represent different things, like power, protection, light, energy etc.  Everything in the place was deemed valuable to me and the apartment simply sprouted with all the things I valued.  However, I became angry at this guy for trying to deceive me and take from me with slight of hand.  It wasn't the taking of the gemstones that bothered me, but I feared the aspect of his powerplay, my greatest fear was the idea of not knowing when someone was tricking, deceiving me in order to secretly take away from me.  This boy sat there and presented himself to me like a kind, respectable guy, admiring me and my establishment.  He wanted me to buy that lie.  When in reality he did not respect me and was nice only as a cover in order to take from me.  I cannot stand facades when they are used to cloak ill intent.  My greatest fear is being disempowered by trickery, for I've learnt over and over again to the point of conditioning that people are not what they protray themselves to be, and most are all about empowering themselves by taking from the less powerful.  When the boys lied so smoothly and acted to naturally to hide the attempted theft, it brought out that particular dynamic thats been  the theme of my life.  So what started out as a surprisingly wonderful revealing dream, ended on a note of warning danger.  I retrieved my gem rocks, said stern words to the would be theives (the other boy was his conspirator) and suddenly generated thoughts that it was a bad idea to have all these people here.  I wanted them all to leave.  It wasn't safe.  I was risking my values, my space, my property, and perhaps my relationship with the friend who lived there by letting these people have free range in my/our environment.  It seemed to be a boundaries dream.  How to have people in my life without being taken from, overpowered, tricked, taken advantage of? That has been the recurring theme in my life so no wonder I am dreaming about the issue.  Seems its an issue that isn't going to go away.

horizen

• View Profile
Re: Newly Discovered Apartment
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 11:54:49 AM »
This reminds me of another dream I had about the same childhood friend a few weeks ago.  It was another dream with lots of people milling about my house.  Actually, the dream began with me awakening in my parents large bed.  There are tons of people packing into the room, and I sense, throughout the entire house.  Some people I know, most I do not.  It's like a community of mixed peers milling about.  Very crowded.  As I'm sitting up in the bed I observe my surroundings.  The childhood friend is sitting on the floor below the bed amongsts a group of people I don't know.  In the dream we don't acknowledge each other.  It's like I'm merely there as an observer.  And what strikes me in my observation amongst all the activity going on, all the chatter, is what a good and loving man he is towards his son? His inner child?  He doesn't have kids in real life yet, and I don't know if the toddler next to him was supposed to be his child or if it was a version of his younger self beside him..but the child looked exactly like him, just a younger version.  And he was so patient and caring and responsable in his relations to this child.  I don't know if that was showing me he'd be a good father or if he had a good and loving childhood himself.  But it showed me he was good. 
Yet, the room is crowded with numerous various people.  I relate directly to no one, simply observe.  Suddenly an inspector approaches me.  He grills me about an investigation, what I sense is a girl is missing, perhaps murdered? And his focus is on me.  He believes I have something to do with it.  Perhaps that Im even responsable.  But certainly that I am a key person.  I deny responsability and am unclear myself as to who this girl was, what happened to her.  But I know it was awful whatever it was and that she is gone (if not dead).  The investigator is relentless and wants to make/prove me responsable.  He seems confident he knows what happened to the girl and that I am the key.  Cornered, I deny I had anything to do with it.  He tells me I did.  "It's written on the wall."  He says to me.  Meaning there's undeniable proof.  He's got me pinned.  I realize thats a phrase, but during the dream I took it literally as him having hard proof or evidence against me.  So I look up to the ceiling, and indeed for a second I do see writting on the wall..I desparately try to read it, hoping it will give me some understanding of the situation, but it blurs out..then disappears. 
I then watch as the investagtor walks outside the house, along the perimeter of the property as he interviews another female.  At this point I'm not even a body, I am simply witnessing this as if I'm watching as an invisible ghost.  The investagtor is not giving up his search for this girl.  He points to signs which he somehow picks up from the ground (and also based on what he heard from rumours) that the girl may be living underground.  They examine roots sticking up out of the ground.  Then attention is turned back to the house.  Perhaps she is living in the ground beneath the house.  I am aware now that its possible this girl that was supposedly murdered, harmed, missing..the girl the inspector is intent on solving the crime done to this girl...is me.  Which was a switch in consciousness, because earlier in the dream I had thought I was being being pursued as responsable for a girls death/disappearance.  I was being pursued alright, but it turned out I was the girl in question.  He was trying to find me and get to the bottom of what happened to me.