Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lots of eyes  (Read 8037 times)

PowerMad

• View Profile
Lots of eyes
« on: November 01, 2010, 07:26:22 AM »
I had a dream the other day where I was looking through a tunnel at an eye. I did what I could to make as many eyes appear facing as many angles as I could until a geometric room with eyes in triangle-shaped sections stared at a person meditating.

I had a panoramic type view where I could switch between any eye I wanted, but was never seeing through them all at once. The 'camera' spun around until my eyes locked with this person's, and that person's eyes became black holes that sucked me into them and merged the person and myself into one being.

I'm curious what that's all about. Any ideas?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Lots of eyes
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 12:31:13 PM »
PowerMad – I wonder if you had read about the meditation of looking at a persons face through tube – or even at you own face in a mirror?

Also what were you aiming at achieving? And were you conscious/lucid in the dream?

Anyway, the end of the dream shows how all the images are you, and if you merged into one being I would have thought you would have known a greater view of yourself.

Otherwise I think this is way to create other dimensions than we usually known through our physical senses.

Here is a dream exploring different dimensions. “There was a man who constantly wanted to get at me or become near to me, and I was constantly trying to avoid him.  Being lucid I realised it was a dream state and so whatever he did I could undo it in some way.  For instance at one time he set up a thought process that put him with me.  In other words because the dream world is influenced by ones thoughts and feelings, he had the desire and thought that whatever I did he could be with me.  So I set up a thought process which meant that whatever he did he would remain distant. After that I went through a lot of areas to do with different dimensions, because he found a way each time to get at me again.  So in the end I realise that the best way was to integrate him into me; to become him so fully and take over him that the situation would never arise again. This works completely and I felt at ease with the result.”

Tony
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:33:39 PM by Tony Crisp »

PowerMad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 11:19:38 PM »
Dear Mr. Crisp,

I haven't read about the meditation you mentioned, although I've been told stories about people waking up, staring in the mirror and thanking themselves for giving themselves 'one more day.' I doubt it affected me in any spiritual sort of way on a large scale, but I've thought about it from time to time. I honestly can't tell if I was lucid or not at the time. It's the kind of imagery that usually only happens when I'm awake, but it felt sort of like I was just there viewing it all. I was watching from outside, then suddenly got sucked in, I guess.

As a very loose rule, I try to do my best to meditate before I sleep each day. Most of what I know about meditation was material from a man named Andy Cohen. I have no idea whether his claims of enlightenment are true or not, but the things he claims tend to make a lot of sense to me, so I try and incorporate things into my methods. I do this fairly unsuccessfully.

The method I invariably use is to first calm myself, then imagine my surroundings. I try to think of as many details as I can while viewing them all simultaneously, and then try to talk to myself in my head at the same time. By talking to myself, I just mean to think of whatever comes to mind normally and realize I'm thinking it while I think it.

I do this for a while until I fall asleep. Typically I have no particular goals, either in real life or in my dreams; all I know for sure is that I have some ridiculous dreams on a fairly regular basis. They're usually so strange and outlandish that they delight me, whether they're scary or happy, but occasionally I have one like this that I just can't explain.

Black holes, very pale individuals with white hair, and various monsters that I have to battle tend to pop up a lot.

Edit: I just remembered what first led me to spirituality, which could possibly explain the tunnel. When I close my eyes, I see a large amount of varying color--mainly green, but also blue, purple, and white dots. This from a scientific view is something called phosphenes..... and if I focus on the white dots and keep my eyes centered on one specific dot, my peripheral 'vision' (with closed eyes) starts moving toward me and gives me the sensation of being in a tunnel.

I hope that helps, and I apologize for the massive bricks of text.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 11:26:19 PM by PowerMad »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 12:15:56 PM »
PowerMad – Thank you for writing an interesting communication.

I can see some links with your dream. For instance the meditation is one I think of as self awareness. So you keep yourself aware of what you are experiencing instead of letting it all flow by. Andy Cohen is well known as a teacher or guide – and as enlightenment is fairly common in today’s world I am sure his claim is real.

And I am interested therefore in the black hole experience. I suppose I hadn’t quite got it all in mind in the way I have now. Your experience to me is a sign that you are getting to the centre of your Self. Call it a black hole, but it is better explained as ‘nothing’ that is everything. I say this because people are terrified of ‘nothing’ as if when you drop into it you will be lost. But the truth is that as you loss all you gain all.

I know that doesn’t seem make sense, but then life is a wonderful paradox. All opposites are true.

So I would suggest you continue to drop into the black hole where you become one.

Tony

PowerMad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 02:26:22 AM »
Dear Mr. Crisp,

Thank you for your help--I believe I can 'understand' the nothing that is everything concept. I think that the first dream I posted on your site about (another thread) was definitely a stepping stone to the spiritual realm for me, mainly because your response to it actually made me look into things a lot more deeply. Now that I've been pursuing spirituality in much greater depth, my dreams have begun to vanish (but I think I'm mostly just forgetting them). Whether it's good or bad, it's progress. Thank you.

PowerMad