Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Boyfriend and me breakup, never know why, can't get ahold of him in dream  (Read 6352 times)

hollywood01

• View Profile
I constantly have a dream that me and my best friend/boyfriend of 3 years just suddenly aren't together..I never know why, but I am either with another guy or simply alone and just have this horrible feeling in my stomach, and know its not right. In my dream I get upset my bf never called or contacted me after breaking up, and I never know why we ended either. The dream ends with me giving in and trying to find a way to call him but then I wake up. The obvious conlusion would be I think i belong with my bf, but is there anything else possibly?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Boyfriend and me breakup, never know why, can't get ahold of him in dream
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 01:01:30 PM »
Hollywood01 – It is interesting that you say you had a horrible feeling in the stomach. You see our first connection, a loving one hopefully, was through our umbilical cord. And the umbilical is not simply the basic connection to our infant body, but also our growing sense of self. See http://dreamhawk.com/relationship-sex/surviving-love-and-relationships/#lifelinelove

The type of dream you describe is typical of being separate from your parent to carer at an early age. This could have been a visit to a hospital, a premature birth; or even being exposed to the feeling of not being wanted.

Whatever the cause you are feeling the pain of being cut off from the one you love. And as is usual in these cases you can now feel it because you have begun to trust your boy friend. That is when we let out such pains – if we dare. Please do read lifeline of love.

As you suggested, your need is to stay with your boyfriend. Wishing you well on your journey.

Tony

hollywood01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 05:23:36 PM »
That is so insightful, I would have never made that connection. Thank you very much! Do you believe I could be rationalizing that I should stay with him, or is my dream possibly a good I guess sign and I am not creating that thought all on my own and dream about it?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »
Hi Again - It could be, as my responses are based  on what I know from past dreams, usually ones I have explored. But such dreams are usually a sign of feeling unloved - i.e. your BF doesn't love you because he disappeared without a word.

So if there is any truth in this it should slightly after your dreams and the theme should emerge more clearly.

Tony