Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: astral projection  (Read 14878 times)

wellworld

• View Profile
astral projection
« on: November 13, 2010, 06:47:32 PM »
Can we experience a real astral projection while we are sleeping?one day i saw in my dreem, in my room where i was sleeping, that i was in the air(not my body,just me) and went at the living room and then came back in my room and touched the ceiling and it was like a sponge and then i woke up, and felt something like i was very tired.  Days before this dream i was reading bout astral projection. Was a real thing or i just dreamed it?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: astral projection
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 11:46:26 AM »
WellWorld – Yes, it is usually during sleep that we experience astral projection. As for is it real, that is a very difficult one to answer, because in a dream we can create anything we like.

I think it would be better to ask the question, “Was I experiencing the physical world, or was I dreaming of my living room?” Of course your dreams are real at their own level and their own dimension, but they seldom at the same time connect with the physical world.

Sometimes you can tell because when you are not locked in the body you may feel as if you have awoken for the first time, with wonderful clear mind and energy. Then when you are back with your body you may feel heavy as if you are tired. So maybe you did experience projection. It is good to seek confirmation in some way, such as someone else hiding something behind somewhere, then if you find it is a confirmation.

Tony

wellworld

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:05:23 AM »
Thank you Mr. Crisp for your response, you gave me new information to think about!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:04:33 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:45:34 AM »
WellWorld - I love such questions, so thanks.

Tony

Mithokey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 06:00:26 AM »
Are all dreams sort of like astral projection, so, do we go out of body during sleep and dreams? Or are dreams just in your brain? Is dreaming in another dimension/reality? Also, do you think astral projection is in a dimension which "mirrors" the physical dimension in which we can maybe manifest things by thought?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm just very interested in this sort of stuff and love to do dream research.

Leswan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 11:01:04 AM »
I'd love to read Tony's answer to these questions too.

Based upon my own OBE's, Astral Projections and lucid dreams over the last 5 or 6 years, I conceptualise reality like this:

We have physical reality and our day to day waking consciousness.We are not hermetically sealed individual units of consciousness, even though it appears that we are.

When we sleep I believe that our consciousness dislocates from the physical body and in doing so is less restricted.

Now, this is where your idea of a sea of consciousness comes in handy because I believe that our 'regular' dreams take place within bubbles that we create within that sea of consciousness and that we create such bubbles to resolve our unresolved issues.

If we become lucid enough during a dream we can transcend the dream, or burst the bubble, so to speak. When we do this we may find ourselves within another one of our bubbles (another dream realm) or we may find ourselves in some other more exotic locale. I haven't got enough experience to say what lies beyond our own created dream bubbles, although based upon the limited number of OBE's where I've interacted with non-human intelligences, I would consider these to be less about the usual psychological processes that drive our dreams and their symbols. I'd be interested to know Tony's thoughts on this.

When we have an OBE and it appears to take place in the physical world, I actually think we're operating within an energetic copy of it. I say this because I have often seen subtle deviations from reality during these experiences. Robert Monroe gives a good account of this phenomena in his first book.

Mithokey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 12:21:07 PM »
This getting really interesting and thank you Leswan for doing such a clear job about answering. And I say thank you because I feel we all need encouragement – me too!  :D

I see that we are often feeling we are projecting because we are in the dream state – in which our body is paralysed and it feels as if our body no longer exists and we are projecting, but in fact we haven’t moved anywhere.

Then if we are projecting we usually are in the dream and symbols world. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/levels-of-awareness-in-waking-and-dreaming/

We need to go to another level to see ‘through’ the symbols to what underlies them. Usually we then exist in what is called in the film Matrix a construct. The danger of this lack of understanding applies to lucidity also. You are dealing with powerful mental, emotional and spiritual processes. It is important to understand what the dream process is capable of and what it does. Remember, a dream is a full surround virtual reality activating all your senses and abilities. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-magical-dream-machine/

When you are in it, it is just as real to you as the physical world. But there is a huge difference. The environment, people, animals and objects are all projections. In the film Matrix, the hero is at one point put into a lucid virtual reality called ‘the construct’. He cannot understand what is happening to him, and his guide says, “What you see now is what we call residual self image. It is a mental projection….” Your dream is exactly that, an amazing moving and living projection in which you act and interact with YOURSELF. There is, in the widest or cosmic sense, nothing else. The dream process transforms your emotions, your beliefs and hopes, your fears and traumas, your intuitions and creative visions, into people, environments, animals and events. Understanding that is vital. Very often you see yourself as a physical body that is like the one you know so well in waking, but usually with some interesting alterations.

But there is another level we need to get to if we realise that we are only a construct of our own imagination. It is bodiless awareness without any gender. In fact all the imagery of travelling is sort of like the construct, necessary to make it seem real. In fact we are then in a timeless spaceless zone that we are in fact always in. There is no place that we are not inhabiting. We are everywhere, but of course our interest focuses us on particular places and people. As the new physics says, at this level there is no locality. See: http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/quantum-physics/

Tony
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:14:05 PM by Tony Crisp »

Leswan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
Crikey Tony - too many synchronicities going on here!

I've just started skim reading the article you linked too and see that you write about The Dweller. I was going to do a post about that very subject and just yesterday, via a facebook discussion group, I posted a link to this podcast all about the dweller:

http://chasinghermes.com/2009/11/04/13-guardian-on-the-threshold.aspx

I'll read your article properly and continue the discussion soon.

By the way, it has taken me 5 years to accept that some of my big OBE's were my own creation and not objective reality (not that there's any such thing).

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »
I wait to see what comes of you.

And I wonder what the hell will become of me!!  ;)

Tony