Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream incubation  (Read 7761 times)

Vicki

Dream incubation
« on: May 31, 2013, 09:59:58 PM »
I am wondering what people's experiences are of dream incubation?
I have been using this technique for the last few months and I find that when I pose a question before I go to sleep, instead of coming to a conclusive result in my dream time, the dream will show me obstacles to the answer to my question instead.

For example, I could go to bed tonight with the following incubation: do I need to leave my current role?

The answer I am likely to get is one that will show me the obstacles to the answer. I will get a message to say I have to have more fun for example.

Does anyone have better results or different techniques?

Vicki

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream incubation
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 10:19:30 AM »
Vicki - I think there are several things you perhaps need to know about where dreams come from. For instance whatever you put into your core self the same come out. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us/#Bring – This needs a bit of work on but it gives and idea.

Another thing is that dreams are a process of Life, and Life is always trying to direct you in the way it sees best. Where it comes from, where you dreams come from is a level of mind that is immense and tries always to hold your best interests in answering – not what you think your best interests are but what it knows from millions of years of experience. Even your body has millions of years of experience built into it. When you plant an acorn an oak tree will grow, but it grows from the millions of other trees and their experience, all concentrated in the acorn. But your seed was the same, and it grew from the same concentrated experience. Of course we think we are so independent.

Try simply asking, with the idea of all your inner experience, “What is the best way for me?”

Tony

Vicki

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 10:04:20 PM »
Hi Tony,

Thanks again, I have been reading around those articles and went to sleep with that intention.
The dream I got was hard to recall, all I could grasp of it was that I was trying on different clothes, I don't remember the types/colours or anything else other than the idea itself.

I guess trying on clothes is trying different attitudes and ways, I was reading the detail the link below. I see that it's the best way for me to go as what I was doing up to now was not working for me on a spiritual level. I still expect to get more information out of dream incubation I think this is because of other dreams that I have read and books and articles that seem to get a clearer insight.

The experience I am having it I think is that it's merely showing me what is blocking my way.

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/clothes/#Changing

Vicki.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 08:54:50 AM »
Vicki - These are just thoughts that may be useful - see - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us/#Levels

I had many helpful dreams from using incubation.

Tony