Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: For the 2nd night in a row, I was attacked by a dog and held by his teeth.  (Read 5401 times)

Tedfthis

• View Profile
I've never been a good sleeper and rarely ever have dreams, let alone have any that I can remember. But for the past 2 nights I have been woken up, by the same weird dream twice?

For the 2nd night in a row, I woke up out of a bad dream, where I had been wandering the streets and was attacked by a dog and he had hold of me in his teeth by the chest. When the owner released the dog, I lifted my shirt, to show him several wounds that had been caused by the dog, over the two attacks. Its such a weird dream and to have the same one twice, must have some significance. I'm not a mental case :-) yet. Regards Tedfthis

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: For the 2nd night in a row, I was attacked by a dog and held by his teeth.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 11:24:19 AM »
Ted – Well, by no means a mental case, simply a vivid dreamer.

How I see the dream, how I understand dreams, is using certain well tested principle; one of which is that anything that moves toward you is an aspect of you that is becoming conscious. So the dog is pushing for your attention – aggressively. I know there is a handler, but it seems likely that it is aggressiveness turned against yourself, and felt in the chest.

Either that or someone is letting their aggressive nature loose on you.

If it is the latter it would show as wounded feelings or emotions, and recognising who and what they are doing can often take away their attack. I had a mother-in-law who was plotting behind my back. Without knowing anything about it I felt I was going crazy. But instead I did an exploration inside and found the culprit, and faced her with it. I was amazed at the time that I could feel as if I was going mad from someone simply plotting against me.

Tony