Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Items on Fireplace Mantle  (Read 4968 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Items on Fireplace Mantle
« on: June 12, 2013, 06:18:17 AM »
I walk into a room in a house.  In front of me is a large white fireplace mantle.  I hear a voice that says "look in front of you and describe what you see."

A woman on my left steps in the threshold of a door.  She has short straight grey hair and is carrying a notepad and pen in her right hand.

Above the mantle is a mirror.  The edge of the mantle is at my eye level...I do not see myself in the mirror.

On the mantel is a large porcelain vase.  Looking at it from the top the opening is oval and it is empty.  From the front the left vertical side is a straight edge...while the right side has a large nose sticking out. There is a faint impression of eyes and a mouth in the porcelain.

Also on the mantel is a small to medium sized statue (or dildo?) of a white penis mounted on an oval base.  The top of the penis overhangs the shaft...like a mushroom cap...or maybe a condom rolled to the top...or a knob. The penis is much smaller than the vase.

This may be related to me ending a relationship recently.  
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:52:31 AM by Christine »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Items on Fireplace Mantle
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:01:38 AM »
Chris – The fireplace/mantelpiece is a strange mixture of associations. It is certainly the attractive centre that draws attention and the mirror above can be a way – in dreams – that you see who or what you are. It is also a place of warmth if the fire is lit – sometimes secrets are hidden in it.

The woman seems to be a part of you that takes note of your dreams and realisation. In fact she is asking you to describe what you see/realise. What do you realise in looking at the dream images in front of you?

The vase is a container and can represent a womb – with a suggestion of a face. Your face no doubt. The vase/womb is empty but is still receptive.

The penis and the vase are linked, but the vase is much more important in this dream – the size is usually about importance.

The dream seems to be to ask you what you realise about the objects in front of you.

The womb/vase is of much greater importance than our personality. It has struck me recently that we are taught that survival is the greatest drive. But when I look at plants and animals I see that the survival drive is to lead to reproduction.

What do you make of what is in front of you?

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Items on Fireplace Mantle
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 09:54:05 PM »
I pick up the empty vase and tilt it towards me, as if I want to drink from it, it is clean and empty.  The big nose is where a handle might be, as if it were a cup.  The penis or mushroom or whatever it is, it is on a base, it is to the left of the vase.  My right hand reaches for it...to grab it like a handle.