Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Heres just one night of dreams any feedback welcome :)  (Read 5924 times)

MissC

• View Profile
Heres just one night of dreams any feedback welcome :)
« on: December 05, 2010, 02:34:44 AM »
Hi everyone I posted a dream on the dreamhawk website a few months ago and Tony gave me great insight - I dream a lot so I thought I'd sign up here and see if any one has any insight to the workings of my mind and whatnot!!!

Last night I had numerous dreams that somehow connected as dreams do.  The first I remember I'm on an Island which has people living on it, I'm not sure why I'm there but it seems normal enough like a college trip or something (in real life I'm finished uni a few years - I work as a sub teacher but take night classes for a diploma in the local college) I'm down by the sea with a few boys I know from everyday life when we see a massive object falling from the sky - we realise it's a satellite that has fallen out of space and it splashes into the water.  Realising this will cause a tsunami we all ran into the nearest building and started climbing the stairs.  I was almost climbing up like a monkey - so fast until we reached the top - it almost seemed like we were looking out from a lighthouse building and the water kept rising and I remember holding one of the boys hands because we were scared.

The next dream I remember I'm in a place I visited a lot as a child - my grandmother (who died a long time before I was born) grew up in this farm like place.  I dreamt that a cousin of my grandmother (who died years ago (although we visited her often as children) lived in a sort of tree house in the forest in the place where I was.  I dreamt she was a sort of witch and recluse who lived off the forest had one daughter but never spoke to her anymore.  She used to have a phone bu no one called her anymore and she was rude wen my mum or anyone visited so no one visited her.  I remember thinking in the dream that it was years later and wondering if she was still alive and the thought was crossing my mind that if she wasn't then no one would ever know and (I know this is gross) that she would literally rot in the house. How does my mind come up with it?!

The third dream was somewhat more simple – I was taking a college trip to another country on a bus (my brothers actually live in this county). The trip included lots of strange things driving through water, women that changed to men, we even went round my old school bus route.  I eventually made it to the town where one of my brothers is at the minute and it had a museum dedicated to my homecountry – there was an eeriness to the town but it seemed familiar too.  I was in a dressmaker shop at one stage in these dreams with my sister – I just remember it smelled distinctly of second hand clothes and we ended up in the attic. (I took a dressmaking class last year – perhaps that's the connection).

So quite a lot in that and theres a lot more from last night but I included the main points – has anyone got any feedback please  :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Heres just one night of dreams any feedback welcome :)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 12:09:57 PM »
MissC – Wow – what a dreamer!!

I think I can comment on the middle one, and maybe others can comment on the first and third one.

The cousin of your grandmother who lives in a tree house seems to be a part of you that is close nature and probably has some wisdom, but doesn’t have much social ability. Such parts of us are often developed through being an outsider of some sort. This means they cannot get the same satisfaction out of ordinary things, and all that energy can go neurotic or into an unusual adaptation. For instance a nun might have no sexual life, so all that energy could lead her into massive neurosis or into an awareness of the supersensual worlds.

So her inability to get close to anyone suggests there is an element of that is you. But the remark about “that she would literally rot in the house” says that this is what ignoring or ‘no one visiting her’ leads to the disappearance of that aspect. But not disappearance, more like starving it of attention so it gradually dies out – or exists as a shadow. In my exploration of my past I came across a little boy (a young me) who had been shut up in a cellar for 40 years without attention. It was very moving to find him and try to contact him. His first words, “I’m dangerous, like a tiger.” But I could see it was him being very vulnerable and so not trusting anyone to get near him/me. That may have been the cousins rudeness.

So any refinding of aspects of yourself is rewarding, and adds enormously to understanding other people. Sometimes these aspects do not link with the present life, and finding them and allowing them to express is the real resurrection.

Tony