Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Black Man/Clucking Women/Beer Club  (Read 5378 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Black Man/Clucking Women/Beer Club
« on: July 20, 2013, 01:35:41 AM »
I am sitting on a grey sofa...standing to my right is a tall flesh colored man...sitting on the sofa across from me a very dark man...blackest black.  The whites of his eyes and the inside of his mouth is black.  He has on a grey tunic or shroud...the same color loose turban on his head.  If not for the grey clothing he puts on I would miss him in the dark.   He face leans in close to mine and says "I want to kiss you."  I do not say anything.  I am not sure if I lean into his lips or not...but we do kiss.  With his lips on mine I think "Did anyone see us?  What would they say?  What would they tell others?"

Then I am in a mall.  The store signs are white with black letters.  I go to exit the mall and there are many women behind three gates all next to each other.  The women in front start clucking like chickens then it progresses to the women in the rear.  Once they all start clucking the gates open and I follow them down a hall on the left.

I am hanging off a ledge of a brick building.  A rope is tied to me and a man who is also hanging.  I fall off into a black moat below.  I stand up and slosh through the black water.  It is nighttime.  I see a woman who stars in Law and Order:  Special Victims Unit...Mariska Hartigay...she says follow me and shimmies up into a lavender tube going up a small rocky Mountain.  She disappears into the tube and I can't see her only the outline of her body.

Several dark boys walk by carrying flashlights...a policeman dressed in blue is with them...they say "come with us to the beer club."

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Black Man/Clucking Women/Beer Club
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 09:04:30 AM »
Hi Chris – I can only comment on the first part of your dream, about the really black man. It seems obvious that you are connecting with what is usually thought of as a ‘dark period’ of your history or of your inner world. That you kiss him is a sign that you are actually meeting what he represents – your black self -  and it is not unpleasant of bad.

Usually we tend to think of the black side of life or ourselves as something awful, but recently in exploring I found that it is like rich soil and is full of the potential for growth. The trick is to bring the light and the dark together. Just as we need sunlight on soil to bring forth growth, so we need the dark and the light for our growth.

So it seems a good and hopeful dream. But of course dreams are often like seeds, they take time to grow into the light of day.

To explain what I mean I quote a dream interpretation sent to me years ago by a person I worked with on his dreams: “The dream is not visually very strong in my memory, but it had a strong overall feeling.  I saw my daughter, who was about 10 years old, looking thin and pale, and unhappy.   She was wearing a thin dress and had something of the appearance of a Dickensian waif.  I knew she needed love and sensible encouragement, and most of all to be part of a loving family group in which play and acceptance were as important as going out to school or work, earning money, learning to be a member of the community, and so on. I felt that I had neglected her, that I was living a deracinated cerebral life in Bristol apart from my blood relatives and close companions. In the dream I wanted to go to Devon and to get in touch with Liz, my ex wife, to re-establish a family life. I may have actually done this in the dream, but, as I say, it was more a dream of feeling than of events – I don’t remember a grand reconciliation or anything specific happening. I then woke up, and realised that my daughter is 32 years old, living in London with her partner, and well past childhood. However, on reflection, I do think her life is quite hard, working as she does in the modern fast-capitalist world, producing outsourced graphic work for major companies with little of the social support that older forms of work (even factory work) may have provided. But the dream is also about me, and my need for a blood-relationship with family and friends, to find a better relationship with life as a whole. It is interesting that to me this dream is now interwoven with my more conscious reflections which include thoughts about current working and social life.”

That was written a few years ago, and he has actually now got closer to his ex wife that ever; has bought a flat near his family – his son and granddaughter, and is also managing a closer relationship with a lover than ever before. He replied to this saying, “As you say, it is very significant and does bear a relationship to the movement of my actual life.  I am in a much better relationship with Liz and my family, while still in Bristol much of the time (and W. is here at the moment). I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon.”

Tony