Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Purple spider killed by a confident man  (Read 5669 times)

Michael-Strange

• View Profile
The Purple spider killed by a confident man
« on: July 16, 2013, 06:02:16 PM »
I need help with this dream: It started out in a house (not mine) during some kind of celebration.
Then I saw a brown garden spider in a web. I was scared of it and wanted to catch it and get it out of the house.
But every time I looked away it grew in size!
When I was about to trap it in a cup it crawled away into a crack and I was terrified not knowing where it went.
Eventually I found it on the beige carpet and by this time its round and large abdomen was a deep purple with a light purple sheen. It was not the hairy type.
It crawled calmly and slowly under a carbonate before I could get it.
The party continued with me being very anxious and afraid.
Then everyone saw it emerge: making its way calmly across the carpet.
It was a deep purple and it's body looked like a computer mouse with long spindly legs.
It was coming toward me but when I moved away it didn't follow. Actually it appeared to be attached to a track in the floor: a straight line across the carpet like it was a robot. Then one of the young men, holding a red party cup (which held alcohol I'm sure) stepped on the track right behind it, making it stop.
Then he stomped on it.
I hid behind a counter as I heard the horrible crunch and it screamed.
Afterward I did not feel relieved but quite sad.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:06:13 PM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: The Purple spider killed by a confident man
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 04:28:57 PM »
Michael – I am guessing that something about being in a group of people who are ‘celebrating’ triggered a reaction.

A spider is probably a representation of your basic flight or fight instinct which when triggered leaves you feeling terrified because something had touched the part of you that reacts at a deep level – a defence system below consciousness. Because you find it hard to know why you feel like that it can be very disturbing.

The spider is a mechanical part of you deep instincts because it only has a few basic behaviours – it probably is the basic survival instincts in us such as a spider might have - can I eat, or will I be eaten in this meeting/relationship? This level of our sensory and feeling perception is important. Like a spider it keeps one of our feet/fingers on the web or influences that connect us with other people and the world. Like the spider, if we are wise, we thereby know something of what is coming our way - do we advance or run?

I have similar reactions and usually get out quickly. I sense it as things that are not spoken but everyone in the group is in on the secret and I am not one of them. But in the dream it is the young man with alcohol in red cup – a sign of danger – who stomps on your inner feelings leaving you sad. I would suggest trying to explore your feelings and dream by using - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dream-interpretation-example-one/

Tony