Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Car Accident  (Read 4292 times)

Docsman

• View Profile
Car Accident
« on: September 19, 2013, 11:13:44 AM »
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the wonderful site.

I just had a very unsettling dream in which my wife and I were driving on an interstate highway. We were following a vehicle and when we crested a hill, I saw that there were bicyclists on the downside of the hill as if they were conducting a race on the highway. The first car plowed into the bicycles, but I felt I had time to assess and try to find a path through it. I headed to the right and tried to steer through the mess, but hit a few and the accident occurred. I was intact, but when I found my wife, she had lost most of her limbs from the accident. I held her and kept crying and apologizing over and over.

It's now an hour after having the dream and I still have a knot in my stomach. I've read some possible interpretations and will certainly consider them, but I would appreciate yours. Thanks again for the site.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Car Accident
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 09:09:15 AM »
DocsMan – There is always the possibility that this is a dream foretelling a possible event. I say possible because the future is not fixed but is created out of what we do. So in the following example the dreamer didn’t take the advice.

Example: I look back and describe myself at that time as a "straight psychology professor" having no knowledge of metaphysical events or higher consciousness studies. I was always taught that dreams went backward to reveal repressed sexual and aggressive impulses. Nowhere did I ever learn of a dream going forward in time to provide glimpses of future events. In fact, when I awoke from my accident dream, I looked at the car crash symbolically and wondered why I was trying to hurt or punish myself with such a violent action. Can you imagine my surprise, when I experienced the car accident three weeks later, in exact detail, as my brakes did indeed fail? This dream was the first of many informal lessons to follow.

Weeks after this spectacular car crash, I dreamed of another accident with brakes failing. Of course, this was ridiculous since I had purchased a brand new car to replace the totalled wreck. This time, sound effects were added to the dream as I heard a snap when I put my foot down on the brake. Again, wondering about my punitive gesture toward myself, I dismissed the dream since this couldn't possibly happen to a brand new car. Again, the inside information was correct, as the brake cable snapped just days later.  Marcia Rose Emery

So I would suggest that if you are on an interstate highway and come to a hilltop slow to a speed which you can avoid an accident. Also pray for help to avoid the awful accident. If you do not believe in God it shouldn’t stop you praying – your own inner life stretches far beyond you. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing

But seeing your dream as symbolising your life, it suggests that you are on a journey, an inner journey taking you to new experience. You arrive at a wider view of what is before you, and see that others on the journey using their own initiative are injured by people using power to aid them. The race they are in is probably the ‘human race’ and the dream is asking you to be careful, gentle with the growth and efforts of others. We are often so emotionally strong that we fail to see how it can hurt others.

I don’t know if it applies to you, but your wife certainly indicates your feelings that are themselves more vulnerable. To realise that you are hurting such a vulnerable part of you is a shock.  

I may not have got the words right to describe the powerful feelings, but use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/ to find more insight.

Tony
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 09:11:07 AM by Tony Crisp »