Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

i dont know what this dream means, and i want to know. it haunts me.

am i just crazy going on about this dream?
is this a serious dream that can mean something?

Author Topic: me? dead?  (Read 5963 times)

jessiica

• View Profile
me? dead?
« on: December 12, 2010, 10:44:41 AM »
Hey guys. I'm 18, this dream takes place when I'm 23, and I guess I die from cancer, just so ya know. So about two months ago I had a dream that was more like a movie, I was laying in a coffin. My closest friends and family went up and said what a great person I was and stuff, ya know, normal stuff you're supposed to say at a funeral. And my best friend all threw elementary and high school(I guess we lost touch after high school cause we went to different colleges.) came barging in and started saying all this stuff about how I'm never going to do this and that, like have kids or get married. And I woke up, my face soaked with tears and all sweaty and gross. It was really scary but I keep thinking of it and I dream it every once and a while still. Does anyone have these dreams?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: me? dead?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 12:03:07 PM »
Jessiica – It is not unusual to dream of ones own funeral. Here are some dreams from other people:

When I finally rush upstairs to get myself ready I see the hearse and coffin have already arrived and my husband and two children are - in the clothes I got ready - going down the path weeping. I think “Cheek! They're going without me." Then I realise the funeral is mine.

After viewing her own funeral, one person reports that she “woke up feeling empty inside and confused” and that the “dream made me feel more alive.” And in another dream, after dying, a student discovered that her body had changed into that of a wolf, and that she could see through the wolf’s eyes. When she awoke, she reported feeling “more alive than ever before.”

There can be various reasons for what is a recurring dream. One is that you have a great need to face death until you come to terms with it. Maybe you have a fear of dying.

But of course it could be a presentiment – though I doubt it as such prophetic dreams do not usually come twice. If it were a prophetic dream you would know for certain it was about your own death. It could also be a way of assuring yourself that you life is worthwhile.

Tony