Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sleep Paralysis ?  (Read 8197 times)

nacidodelmar

• View Profile
Sleep Paralysis ?
« on: September 12, 2013, 12:51:40 AM »
Greetings Mr. Crisp!

I was reading a lot of the articles on your website last night at 3:00 am; there are a few subjects that really grabbed my attention, and as a matter of fact I have continued reading them almost all day.

I'd like to ask your opinion about what is known as "sleep paralysis": a state of mind where one is conscious of being awake but is incapable of moving one's body or even opening one's eyes.

I have had this experience frequently since I was 9 years old. It comes in many different varieties. I'd very much appreciate knowing your opinion about this "dream state," if you will.

nacidodelmar

• View Profile
Re: Sleep Paralysis ?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 02:12:48 AM »
Greetings Mr. Crisp!

I was reading a lot of the articles on your website last night at 3:00 am; there are a few subjects that really grabbed my attention, and as a matter of fact I have continued reading them almost all day.

I'd like to ask your opinion about what is known as "sleep paralysis": a state of mind where one is conscious of being awake but is incapable of moving one's body or even opening one's eyes.

I have had this experience frequently since I was 9 years old. It comes in many different varieties. I'd very much appreciate knowing your opinion about this "dream state," if you will.

‘In this condition, I can hear what others are saying to make me come to. The bed-room is the one I am in though sometimes altered in layout and the real persons in it may be joined by dream ones. I can speak and even offer suggestions on how to bring me awake, such as cold water on my head, though I am told that the words are not intelligible. I am aware that my mouth is dry. My brain is working on some levels that are far from asleep. I have been able to censor swear words from anguished advice I am offering the rousers for fear of offending them, though I am not awake.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:16:15 AM by nacidodelmar »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 09:32:16 AM »

nacidodelmar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 07:07:50 PM »
I will