Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: numbers in dreams  (Read 8193 times)

mikey

• View Profile
numbers in dreams
« on: December 21, 2010, 12:37:23 PM »
hi tony,
i had this dream last night,which contained number symbology,not being conversent with this type of symbology i would be grateful for some pointers,
the dream started with me walking down a street,
i meet an old lady who has dropped some prescription meds on the floor,i pick them up for her,
moving down the street,i meet another old lady ,she is having trouble walking over some carrier bags full of shopping on the floor,i take her arm and help her over it,
moving down the street,i meet another old lady,she turns to me and says 234 what does it mean,i reply add them together,what have you got ,9,
as you can see the numbers 3,and 9 are evident,
 rgds mike

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: numbers in dreams
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »
Hi Mike - I have put some ideas here, but the numbers are usually personal associations, or the ones I have listed below. But 234 might be a progression - so continue 567 .....

Numbers can have a personal or symbolic significance. For instance we may have had three children, so the number three in a dream about children could be connected with our feelings or fears about them - but three has generally been seen as the troublesome triangle in love, or the child, mother, father threesome. So a number may refer to a particular year of ones life; the number of a house; the months or years that have passed since an important event; your family group - or have a general significance such as indicated in language - i.e. three’s a crowd; seventh heaven; nine days wonder, etc.

One One-self; a beginning; the first; unity; being alone; independence. Just one left: Near the end. Idioms: It’s all one to me; one up; at one with; one and only; one off.

Two Duality; relationship, indecision or making a decision; balance; male and female; two sides to an argument - or a way of comparing; opposition; the opposites such as light and darkness, harmony or conflict; parents and reproductive possibility. Chased by or fighting with two people: Two against one feeling, as may have happened with child and parents; feeling odds are against one.

Idioms: Put two and two together; two’s company; two timer; in two minds.

Three Triangle; mother father child; synthesis; creativity - the child springing from the two opposites - therefore sometimes represents the solution to opposition. Confronting three people, or out with two others: Facing collective will of others; non sexual friendship.

Idioms: Three’s a crowd.

Nine Pregnancy; childbirth; the end of a cycle and the start of something new; cycles.

Tony
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 10:25:40 AM by Tony Crisp »

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 01:18:26 PM »
thank you tony,
 approaching the dream from the 3 symbolising confrontation/conflict etc,leading to a 9 new beginning etc,this may ref to phase which is coming to an end,this would seem to fit a certain area of experience ,at the present,
thanks for the pointers,i will delve a little deeper.
i would like to take this opportunity to wish you and all a merry xmas,and a peaceful new year,
rgds mike

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 01:00:52 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes Mike.

If you get any personal insights about numbers I would be grateful to receive them.

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 03:27:49 PM »
hi tony,
yes i will let you know of any insights i have ref the numbers,
at the moment i am working on the only thing that seems to be standing out from this dream,namely,the procession theme,the 3 females one after the other,and the numbers 234,yet again,one after the other,
in the uk we have a saying which i am pretty sure you have heard of,
you can wait for a bus to come along and none come,then 3 come along all at once,this too may have some bearing on this dreams meaning,i will keep you posted,
rgds mikey