Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

What would cause this dream

fear
0 (0%)
missing him
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: deceased brother  (Read 5977 times)

Missy

• View Profile
deceased brother
« on: December 23, 2010, 06:04:19 AM »
My brother died of alcohol poisioning when I was 12, he was 15.  I had a dream 3 days after he died that I will bring up at another time, it is just that last night's dream was similar to that one.  Last night I dreamed that we were in a young, I remember actually focusing in on his face aware that I hadn't seen him clearly in a long time, but not necessarily aware that I was dreaming???  Anyway, in the dream I was going to classes at a high school (nothing like the one I actually went to), and then at some point in the dream we were at some type of school event - he was on the other side of some type of a window or booth.  I remember looking right at him and telling him, " please don't drink".  He kind of grinned and slightly laughed and next thing I know I was looking at the face of a black dog's face (in the same location my brother had been) that was aggressively barking at me.  That was it.  

Briefly I will mention the dream I had when I was 12.  We were on a family vacation, one we had actually taken years before.  I was riding in the back seat of a station wagon, my brother was in the front seat.  I remember we were all having fun, then I looked at him and said, you can't be here, you're dead.  I had that dream 3 days after he died.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: deceased brother
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 11:24:48 AM »
Missy – The first dream is a typical after death of family dream. You recognise him and tell him or remind him he is dead.

Your recent dream is in a different category. This time it is about your worry about your brother and what he did to die: “Please do not drink!”

Then the fact that he laughs says there is something funny coming. Then he apparently changes into a dog and barks at you.

So I think this is his way of saying not to worry about him. As in the afterlife you can take any shape, I feel he did it to get you thinking about him and that he was okay. Especially as the first thing you said to him that he shouldn’t drink. The fact you were in a school environment also says there was something you could learn.

Tony