Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

What do my dreams mean about me and my ex?

?
0 (0%)
?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: HELP! DREAM ABOUT MY EX  (Read 5346 times)

GINAH2013

• View Profile
HELP! DREAM ABOUT MY EX
« on: October 06, 2013, 10:27:51 AM »
Hi Tony. My name is Gina and new here.  I am having such intense dreams that leave my nerves in a wreck each time so much that I can't function. I need the truth as to what these dreams could mean and I hope you can help.

I have been having dreams about my ex. We broke up almost 10 years ago. He is married now with 1 child. I have never met his wife or his daughter but seen them on pictures. The other day I dreamt I saw a wedding picture  with his wife and her maid of honour -  just the two of them. She was dressed in her white wedding gown and her maid of honour in a white dress. At first when I looked at the picture I had no idea it could be her. Her wedding dress had a seam just underneath her breasts. In reality her wedding dress was like that. Anyway , as I looked at this picture the wedding dress tore from the seam and the bottom part of the dress dropped. I was in shock so I tried to fix the picture by attaching the bottom part of the dress back.

When I thot it was now attached the dress fell at the same seam line again. I realised that no matter how I tried I could never attach the dress back and fix things. So I decided to let it drop and so it dropped all the way down. The maid of honour's dress started dropping as well. They then started huddling together because they were  shy and embarrassed. The brides' panties started showing and she was wearing white oversized baby panties. I woke up in shock.  

A little bit of background is that I have been praying for a life partner for over 5 years now. Its a pity I can't write down every dream I've had but a lot of my dreams could point to my ex being my life partner. However in this spiritual journey I have found it very very difficult it could be me ex because he kind of like taught me that he doesn't love me. I have dreams of his mum telling me he loves me and me running away and not wanting to hear it. I am not hell bent on wanting this man back in my life but if he is the one I would be cool with it. The other time I dreamt him and I back at our high school walking together and I suddenly fell blind and I started feeling apologetic and embarrassed about being blind saying that it happens to me often. In my mind I kind of had dismissed that he left but it seemed like he hadn't ever left coz he was physically there next to me. I felt foolish. Then I woke up.

I hope you can find the time just to shed some light on this issue. I would really appreciate it.  

Kind regards

Gina

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: HELP! DREAM ABOUT MY EX
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:06:57 PM »
Gina – Dreams about ex’s are very tricky for several reasons. To start with most people are often totally unaware of the experience they take in and how it interacts with them when we love someone. In other words the memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by loving and living with someone and they are what makes you the person you are. Your dreams tend to put all that in the image of the past person when you are dealing with the influences left in you from the relationship.

Dreams are not like that, they do not point out a ‘soul mate’. So if you are troubled by dreams of your ex, the best way to deal with them is to work on integrating the influence left in you from the relationship. You can do this by thinking about the dreams about your ex and drawing on all you got from him. So I would suggest you integrate all the good and bad things. Try doing this by taking the dream images of your ex and pulling them back into your body. Yes, literally making them one with you. Do this slowly and allow any feelings that arise. This may sound strange but all the images in our dreams are projections from you inner world onto the screen of our sleeping mind; so taking them back into you is like owning them and integrating them. It is called honouring what we learned, bad or good, from the relationship. Think of it like digesting something. In a relationship, whether a feeling relationship or one in which you are learning something, you often absorb things from the person. You might take in such things unconsciously, as you did many things from parents and from the culture you were raised in. So the process of absorption in a dream may refer to such influences you are taking in.

The dreamed of ’soul mate’ is most likely your inner male that we dream of all our life. And you need to not draw back from full relationship with them. But do not think of him/her as an actual outward person. I know most young women feel it must be an outward person, but it is not; although if you manage a full relationship and get married to the dream man, then you may actually choose someone who is much like them. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-jungs-view-of-the-male-in-the-female/.

Also, what shocked you about nudity? After all it is only you in there in you own mind and feelings in a dream. There aint nobody at home except you – and of course all of your emotions, fantasies, like the fantasy of a soul mate, and ideal lover, your morals and so on. I am trying to shock you to wake you up. That was the blindness you entered into back in high school – blindness caused by having fantasies about love. You learnt a lesson, many of them in that relationship learn from them – whatever they might be. See http://dreamhawk.com/news/avoiding-being-my-own-victim/

Tony

GINAH2013

• View Profile
Re: HELP! DREAM ABOUT MY EX
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 04:21:09 PM »
Thank you, thank you Tony. This has been really insightful. I really appreciate your help. I know I will sleep feeling happier and much lighter today. I will also try to take your advice by taking a closer look at the symbols to see how they relate to me personally.

Much thanks.