Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newbie here - lifelong lucid dreamer  (Read 5487 times)

dreamcat

• View Profile
Newbie here - lifelong lucid dreamer
« on: October 27, 2013, 06:34:00 AM »
Hi everyone,

I recently joined after finding this website. I'd had a weird parasite dream, it felt very physical.
. I have narcolepsy which means I am tired all the time and don't get any None-REM sleep and for which I have been on bin loads of meds for 20 years.  I began lucid dreaming when I was 7 years old, just after developing my illness.  I used to have up to 6 'epic' lucid dreams every night. I can control my dreams or decide what to dream about if I wish to, but my nightmares, when they do happen are extremely vivid and disturbing. I used to have a lot of nightmares, basically i ended up 'getting good at them'
I don't bother to choose what to dream about as much these days but if a dream isn't going quite how I want it to, I become the director and reshoot scenes or change the plot.

Some crazy and awesome things I can do In my dreams:  I can drive, which is something I can't do in waking life. I can also fly, be invisible, manipulate time and the speed of travel, transfer between characters or experience all characters views simultaneously ... actually there is very little I haven't been able to do in my dreams except make myself actually sleep walk during a dream. ... Although being narcoleptic I can fall asleep whilst standing or walking around during which I can go into a dream.
Another symptom of Narcolepsy is sleep paralysis and hynogogic or hypnopompic hallucinations which I experienced on a daily basis throughout my childhood and teens. Much less now though.
I used to struggle to make people's facial features look real and also struggled with the 'accuracy' of the speed of travel whilst driving or walking but I eventually managed to achieve more realistic enterpretations of those things.

I would like to find new ways to challenge myself with dream techniques and be able to use them as a tool in some way.
Although being narcoleptic is not at all pleasant, I realise my ability to lucid dream is quite a gift.

Nice to meet you all! ;)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Newbie here - lifelong lucid dreamer
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:35:38 AM »
DreamCat – Well I have some real challenges for you. Nightmares are a sign of tremendous opportunity to heal you, not something to avoid or change.

Also, please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing a sort of introduction to dreaming. Also, which is very important, read http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

Unfortunately we are all instinctively programmed to avoid pain and unpleasantness – which is fine in the waking exterior life, but which is death dealing in the inner world of dreams. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/

Because of the evident abilities you have you are already on the way to enormous opportunities.

Tony