Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Am I Healing or Lost?  (Read 3133 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Am I Healing or Lost?
« on: March 01, 2022, 12:29:46 PM »
I AM A WOMAN IN EARLY 40's
I am a woman, early 40's, who breastfed all 3 of my children, the youngest being almost 19 years old now. The infant boy in the dream was not one of my sons- he was a baby I was breastfeeding for someone else- not known to me. More than 10 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer and lost both of my breasts surgically, and then shortly after my uterus and ovaries to cancer, which put me in very early menopause.
In the dream I recognized the physical sensations as familiar- the same as those I experienced when I breastfed my children. But I had a sense of 'oh, how much I missed them' in regards to my breasts, so although I perceived I was physically feeling the sensations, I also knew these weren't my breasts, and the fullness I was feeling in my pelvis wasn't my uterus. But I wasn't disturbed by this - just aware and enjoying the sensations.

Also, recently I've been exploring and gaining a deeper awareness regarding my own schizoid wounding and childhood traumas, and have been working through relationship entanglements with my mother too. My energy healer has been focusing me on loving myself and 'grounding' into my body, and my therapist has been putting that same concept in more psychological terms- re-parenting myself. Although I initially, upon waking, had the impression the dream was about that- me nurturing myself, and letting go of some pent-up emotional energy around that, what Tony stated in the dream dictionary about breasts really resonated deeply with me: "Only in the fusion of infancy, or of sexual orgasm, or in religious ecstasy do we escape the psychic wound of division."

I'm open to what anyone might add to the insights of this peculiar dream. It's the first time I've consciously been aware of dreaming about breastfeeding, and the first time I had an orgasm in dream that wasn't prompted by a sexual encounter in the dream. I'm not sure if this dream was about me sorting out the issues with my mother, my own self-love and the intention I have regarding healing that part of me, the schizoid wounding stuff, or if it's all inter-related? Well, I know it's all related....I think what I'm trying to ask is, is there something more specific/precise this dream is speaking to me?

And Tony, if you're reading, I just want to say thank you for hosting this forum and for sharing, free of any monetary cost, your wisdom. I plan to spend some time reading through the material you have shared in the pages of your site.....

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Am I Healing or Lost?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 11:59:26 AM »
3high3aim3 – I wonder if readers realise how much I constantly learn and even feel when reading dreams sent to the Forum. I often want to rush back to what I have previously written and add to and upgrade it. In fact I often feel I want to go through everything I have written and add the insights your dreams have given me - as if that were possible.

What I have learnt and your dream strengthens me in the learning is, dear wounded woman, that it is only the body that can be wounded, and if we accept or believe we are wounded, then our personality – we – are wounded too.

A revelation came to me when I experienced a real, not dreamt, out of the body experience, and realised that in my inner world I was beyond hurt. Also in many women’s dreams I see them claiming their inner wholeness as you are doing in your dream.

It is the business of recognising our dual nature, and usually we all get stuck in the recognition and belief that we are only a body. We forget our inner world. See http://dreamhawk.com/news/there-is-a-huge-change-happening/  - http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html - http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/the-next-step-criticisms/ - https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#DualBeing

Tony
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 09:36:33 AM by Tony Crisp »