Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: father-in-law dying and doctor Spock  (Read 10358 times)

annathedreamer

father-in-law dying and doctor Spock
« on: November 10, 2013, 09:31:07 AM »

Tony  :)

In "real life" my father-in-law, H., was hit by a car and broke both his fibula's. He is still in the hospital and I visited him yesterday again.

In my "dream life" he is lying on a bed and his whole body is shaking. I know he is dying and I want to help him leave this world more peacefully.
I go on my knees and I put my right hand on his right arm.
Then I see another bed - head end of this bed is more or less connected with the head end of H's bed - and on this bed I see a man whom I recognize, because of his ears and the way he is dressed.

I then think that I want doctor Spock who does not move at all (this man on the other bed looks like Mr. Spock from Star Trek, I think of him in words as doctor Spock though) to assist me, for I feel uncertain doing this on my own, and therefore I put my left hand on his left arm.
Then H. arises with me (as in I know he arises too, but I do not see his body anymore ) and the next moment I am standing straight and shaking the same way H. was.
Then I wake up

Apart from reading in your dream dictionary, I read some information about Mr. Spock from Star Trek (I used to watch Star Trek when I was a child ) and doctor Spock ( I never read any of his works, I know which role he played in life though).

This dream leaves me somewhat puzzled    ::) ???

Anna

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: father-in-law dying and doctor Spock
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:37:14 AM »
AnnaTheDreamer – Your dream is all about death and dying. To experience death in dreams or our inner world is vey important, but it doesn’t mean you will die physically.

You visit the scene of dying and H’s body is shaking; then later so does yours. I believe this shows that the dream is all about you. The shaking is a sure sign that Life is flowing through you ready to take you through the experience of death. And the death is probably that all your old ways of feeling and thinking are about to die and another more beautiful you will be born. Please see http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/ because it shows how shaking is a part of rapid growth.

See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/association-of-ideas-with-dreams/#Working to define what the other characters mean to you.

Tony

annathedreamer

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 06:15:31 PM »

After reading "lifes Little secrets" again, I think I understand why I chose "the shaking" as a symbol of release in my dream, for it is your symbol or experience of release.

Unlike your story in which you know what it was you were releasing, I have no clue and I hope and trust it does not matter.

Some weeks ago when I thought about practicing the arm circling the thought arose "why not use a Hula Hoop".
And so I bought myself a trainings Hula Hoop and started practicing.

What I sensed is that it opened up a hole in my belly through which I have been releasing what I can only describe as a mix of energy and unknown emotions for which I have no words other than that they sense very, very uncomfortable.
Life works in ways far beyond my understanding.

Anna "The Dreamer of the Dream"

annathedreamer

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 05:29:49 PM »

Glad to see that your site is online again   :D

I just read your book "The Chakra's", which helps me to "give words to some of what my journey is about as well".
Although I do not mind experiencing the unexpected for which I have little or no words, I like it to find pieces of my experiences written by "others".

Anna The Dreamer of The Dream

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 09:28:48 AM »
Anna - It fascinated me your description of the hula-hoop experience. You said, "It opened up a hole in my belly through which I have been releasing what I can only describe as a mix of energy and unknown emotions for which I have no words other than that they sense very, very uncomfortable."

Anna that is a normal experience for one who is learning to allow what was unconscious to become known. But please realise that the unconscious, or as I prefer to call it 'the Life Process' or LifeStream, is all the time ready to respond if you leave yourself open to its influence. So if you do not understand what is emerging, without interfering with the process you gently ask your inner self what it means. You can say to IT, "Help me to understand what it is I am experiencing."

Then watch what happens. Perhaps reading http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Symbolism will help. The thing is there are levels of experience, and you can move on to the next one easily by understanding it.

Tony

annathedreamer

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 04:00:48 PM »

I found a dream in which I experienced the release through my belly and I had forgotten about this dream all the way:

What I remember:
There is some sort of a symbol, which looks like white blocks with grey lines in between them, which “says” (not in words) to stop running from pain.
A wave of emotional and or energetic pain enters and my belly opens up (Abstract; like my mouth opening up). I have never felt anything like it.
Then the next wave comes and I wake up.

Anna

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 07:49:51 AM »
Anna – The dream about not running away from pain is one of the greatest truths of our inner world. If this can be accepted, then the situation becomes an opportunity to gradually transform old pains and dependencies. The roots of these frequently become revealed if we accept the pain as a signpost to its source and understanding. Awareness of the part such pain has played in your life is a tremendous means of transformation.

Of course we are not talking about pains caused by outer events. Parts of our experience become repressed because there is an automatic reaction in us to avoid pain or pull away from anything that frightens us. Therefore painful experience may never be fully felt or understood at the time. Reliving such experience allows us to review and integrate vital information about ourselves. At times of great physical or emotional stress or anguish we unconsciously make decisions that influence the way we behave thereafter. We may for instance, in feeling abandoned by a parent, reactively and unconsciously decide never to trust a man/woman again. Frequently all the analysis in the world cannot relieve a neurotic pattern or decision until the repressed emotion holding it in place is released to be consciously experienced and therefore understood. 

Tony

annathedreamer

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 10:19:41 AM »

Tony  :)

In my dream I become aware that I am not in the Here and Now.
Then I tell someone that the difficulty with both parents falling away, is that we, my partner R. and I,
have to accept that now we are the parents and that now we are the first to die.

Anna
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 03:31:44 PM by annathedreamer »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
Anna the Dreamer - Accepting we are the parents is a huge step toward true independence. It is also like accepting that your parents are dead, and so you are the next in line. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/individuation/

Tony