Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Being brutally murdered...  (Read 6506 times)

Abe_the_Cop

• View Profile
Being brutally murdered...
« on: January 02, 2011, 02:01:31 AM »
I rarely have dreams they are usually nightmares, in my nightmares I am almost always being brutally murdered in terrible and vivid fashions. I almost always die before I wake up too, I have been beheaded, shot, stabbed, crushed, cut into pieces alive, eviscerated alive, hunted down the list goes on. Sometimes I see myself being murdered in a third person perspective but most of the time it takes place in the first person, and once I am killed it goes on to a new nightmare and a new scenario where I die again. Its so common now that most of the time I am able to realize I am asleep and nothing is actually real or happening, but I was just taking a nap and I woke up with my mouth open trying to scream but there was no sound. I had a nightmare in which I was visiting my father it was a Sunday afternoon and I walked into the house but it was empty. I then moved into the kitchen and I heard my fathers voice from the hallway calling me to come up there. I make my way to the steps and when I get there my father is dressed in white and for some reason he is holding a small white bear, a child's toy, and he begins walking toward me. I see his face and he keeps walking toward me then when he gets close his face changes and it isn't my father its his body and the face melts away to reveal an evil presence, I scream and turn to run, but it jumps towards me and stuffs the bear into my mouth to silence me it then breaks my neck and cuts me into small pieces till I am dead, that is when I woke up trying to scream. These kinds of nightmares are common for me except they usually don't involve my family members I'm hoping for an interpretation and I guess I want to know does anyone else have nightmares like this on regular basis? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Being brutally murdered...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 11:49:25 AM »
Dan – You certainly have a haunted dream life!!

Lots of people have such nightmares, but maybe not so often. I have myself had many, but I have the habit of fighting back, and eventually get the b****** who are trying to kill me.

In every case where I have helped a person explore their nightmare it resolves into the memory of an incident or a serious of incidents that have terrorised the dreamer. And the fact that your father appears in one, even though it is not him in the end, suggests there was an incident that was behind your nightmares.

Sometimes such incidents are not meant to hurt you or frighten you, but because we are small and vulnerable we can be scared easily – just by being left alone.

Death in your nightmares can mean all the things you list. As a child, and even as an adult, we can feel cut to pieces and without any sure place in us where we can live without threat.

As you are becoming aware of dreaming such nightmares, it seems you could move beyond them. I can only suggest, in my absence, some things you might try. For instance you could try challenges the murderer(s) and push them to take of their disguises and to show where they come from, what past event(s) led you to such fears.

Try also fighting back. To enable this you need to realise that you are the creator of your dreams, as troubled as they seem. You can be anything you can imagine in your dreams. Or if that is difficult you can call on any figure to help you – a great warrior, a boxer, superman, in fact anyone you can feel would be of help.

If that sounds like a fantasy trip, ask yourself what are your dreams but a huge playground of fantastic images. Once you realise that you can gradually master your own fears. Perhaps reading http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-magical-dream-machine/ will help.

Tony