Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Thought I'd share my great dream!  (Read 5071 times)

mokey

• View Profile
Thought I'd share my great dream!
« on: December 13, 2013, 01:03:02 PM »
I thought I'd share because it's left me feeling so good! I'm pretty sure I know what this dream means for me ~ I've been avoiding change for a long time but finally feel ready to embrace it. That change comes with some fear because it could turn my world upside down but I feel the dream is telling me that it will work out great in the end.

My dream......

I am in a show with four black men (I am a white female). Above us is a pole and my part in the show is to hang upside down from the pole. It is an amazing feat and the crowd are impressed!

I am in a room and I'm thinking about doing the trick again, this time there is no audience. I go over to the bar, it is pale in colour and wooden. I don't think it looks strong. I pull on it to test the weight and the middle bows and looks as though it will break so I decide against it.
I go into another room where there is another pole. This pole looks strong, it is dark wood and I sense it is strong. I want to do the trick again but there are people all around me telling me not to do it, telling me it's not safe but I really want to turn upside down and feel excited at the thought of it.
I go to the pole, put my hands on it and flip so that my feet are above the pole and I let go with my hands and begin to turn upside down but I don't manage to go all the way, I don't know why.
The next thing I know there are  kind of like shop shelves above the bar. There are children by the shelves and the shelves are full of tins, wide tins full of meat. Everyone is warning me that if I turn upside down all the tins will fly towards me and hit me but I still really want to do it. The excitement is outweighing the danger.
I turn upside down and this time I manage to turn all the way (because of the tins weight)  just as all the tins come flying off the shelf but instead of hitting me, they all fly past me and land on the ground. I feel really good and exhilarated.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Thought I'd share my great dream!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:09:28 AM »
Mokey – I think the dream is about more than just the big changes you are going through. It is also about something you can do that you can show to others - a gift maybe. The people who do not believe are most likely your own thoughts and feelings that do not believe in you own wonderful potential – that you are still exploring as there is a lot more to come.

Hanging upside down is about turning your world topsy-turvey. It is something that happens as you grow fast within yourself. See - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#Reaction

The black men are your tremendous largely unconscious natural strength. The crowd is impressed has a suggestion that you will share your gift with others.

Tony

mokey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 05:28:16 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to reply Tony, apologies for me taking so long to reply in return.

Yes, your interpretation makes sense, actually more so now than when you wrote it a few weeks ago. Thank you.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 10:43:26 AM »
Mokey - This is just a quote from something already on this site, but thought I would share it.

A Dream is like a seed, it is something that comes from a deep part of you; it is something that is working upwards toward being conscious. As such it often, like a seed, takes time to break through to the surface, and then it has to grow. So often dreams are not recognised for their full meaning until later – sometimes months or even longer. The dream images are attempts to communicate something that has probably never been thought about or even been consciously realised, so has never been put into common conscious thinking before. It is a communication from the depths, from beyond thought, and so any interpretations that are given by thinking may completely miss the point.

But the source of the dream, which is a process of Life, is intelligent in its own way, and will take part in any attempt to communicate. So exploring your dreams by entering into their imagery and attempting to understand them will be a two way process.