Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Please help me understand my dream  (Read 4609 times)

Kat

• View Profile
Please help me understand my dream
« on: January 02, 2014, 05:53:29 PM »
So last night I had an odd dream and I am trying to understand what it might have meant. I was looking in the mirror and noticed that I had a strip of skin that was lighter then the rest so I scratched it and realized I could peel the skin, so I did, it came off in one piece painless and pretty much effortless making my face all the same color but when I got to my chin I noticed that as I was peeling it the skin got thicker that was peeling and while it didn't hurt the skin under my chin came completely off revealing the opposite side of my teeth. it didn't bleed but was ugly looking and I pushed the skin back up right away. Now there was a line all around the bottom of my jaw almost like a puppet were you can see that the skin was cut. In one part of my dream I even pulled it open again to show a friend and tell her i needed to go see a doctor and get stitches to fix it. What does this dream even mean?? Help! 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Please help me understand my dream
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 10:48:30 AM »
Kat - I had to get into your dream by imagining myself in it to get at any meaning. So forgive me if I am way off.

First of all you have just begun to notice an aspect of you that has caught your attention enough for you to explore/scratch it. The thick skin shows how you have previously been 'thick skinned' about this situation. It appeared an ugly side to your character, one you do not wish others to see.

The mention of the puppet maybe links with your speech or actions not being wholly your own, but were probably from past programming that we all receive from our parents. It is probably a habit that you have not noticed previously. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/habits/

Tony