Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: recurring dream  (Read 4967 times)

Mikey22

• View Profile
recurring dream
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:34:48 PM »
Hello all,
I have been hovering for some time now and finally decided I will ask for some help. 
For over a year now, I have been having a recurring dream that comes in conjunction with being sexually intimate with my wife.  The circumstances of the dreams always vary, but in one way or another she is always sexually involved with other men.  Sometimes she engages in these acts willingly, sometimes she is forced by the other characters in the dream.  Every time the dream is horrible and I wake up afraid and angry.
Other information that may be helpful:
My wife and I have known each other since middle school.  We have been married 10 years and have 3 children.  We have always been very much in love and had a very sexually active relationship. There was a period of about 3 years in our late teens/early 20s when we were not together and were involved with other people.  I have never been unfaithful to her, nor do I believe she has to me. 
It is probably also important to note that these dreams started shortly after I began a far more spiritual path in my life.
I have refrained from sexual activity as of late, as it seems to be the only way I'm currently capable of controlling the dreams.  If I remain abstinent the dreams do not come but with sex they always return.  Sometimes if I think a great deal about sex I will have a similar dream, even with no physical act.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: recurring dream
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »
Mikey - Considering that you are not actually dreaming of your wife, but a dream image of her, what are you afraid of and angry about?

The energy of life expresses as sexual impulse at its early levels, and as it is lifted up - not blocked - it expresses in ever finer ways. So what do you feel if you imagine yourself as the dreamt of wife. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

I myself dreamt some awful dreams about my wife, but I eventually realised they were all expressions of my fears and feelings about her. In my case I felt inadequate sexually and so, in my dreams, felt other men would want her and she would accept.

I am not suggesting that is the case with you, but there is something pressing for healing. And one of the things about the 'spiritual path' is that it releases sexual feelings more fully. It does this so it can sort out any blockages one has so it can take the energy higher. I make a suggestion that perhaps it is your attitude toward sex and the spiritual path you have chosen. But it would be good to enter the dreams more fully to work through whatever the problem is. Try http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/ or http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony

Mikey22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 02:45:10 PM »
Hi Tony,
thanks for your response.  You have confirmed what I suspected, that some part of me has a problem with my outward sexual behavior, or my attitude toward sex.  The dreams always seem to make me feel as though there is something degrading in the way I express sexuality, which is a bit tough for me to think about.  Perhaps thats the cue that it needs attention.
I have read a lot of your articles over the past few months-wanted to tell you what a remarkable website and service you provide here for people.  Thanks for everything you do.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 09:58:07 AM »
Thanks for being a long term friend.

Tony