Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I died in my dream.  (Read 5985 times)

techsta

• View Profile
I died in my dream.
« on: December 30, 2013, 04:49:08 PM »
This was the most vivid and weirdest dream I have ever had.   Also I am not religious.

I was surfing at a beach and got dumped by a wave. I got a cramp in my back and could not swim so I thought I'd just calmly sink to the bottom and push up off the sea bed with my legs. I thought I might drown but wasn't worried. The next thing I remember was laying on the beach unconscious in the fetal position with a crowd of people standing around. Normal colours had faded to a greyish blue. I then started to have an out of body experience by sort of peeling off my self in a mirrored image and laying there for a second looking at my unconscious body. I then felt a force lifting me up towards the sky kind of like a slow anti gravity that sped up the higher I went. I got the feeling that I could have went back down and reconnected with my body at any time, but I just went with it as it felt awesome. I continued to float up until I could see the whole planet and felt giddy with exhilaration and energy like I have never felt before. It seemed as if I had woken up from a dream and was now in the true reality, and real life was the dream. At this point planet earth was grey and everything seemed to be in black and white. I remember thinking about my daughter and that she would be sad and contemplated returning to my body, but for some reason I thought she will be ok and i will see her in 80 years so its all good.
I continued to go higher into space and noticed what was like a river of millions of what I believed were souls. They were all orange and like wisps of just bright orange light. From a distance they looked like sparks, a river of sparks or wisps meandering through the universe. I was also an orange wisp. I decided to join in the river and noticed they were all heading for a huge bright light which I thought was the sun. As I joined the other souls i was doing somersaults and backflips out of sheer elation and got the feeling that some of the other souls were kind of looking down on me, it was like they were thinking settle down newbie.
I continued to go with the flow for a while when I was met with my soul mate and we continued for a bit further in the stream of souls.
As we were flowing along we noticed a planet that looked like fun. It was calling to us, almost like billboards with flashing lights advertising sex, music and fun. There were other souls breaking off from the main stream to go to this planet. My soul mate then took off ahead of me towards the planet and I took off shortly afterwards. As I got closer to the planet I noticed it was the moon. So I flew down to the surface and noticed these really odd shaped buildings. I can't really explain what they looked like but they were like no buildings i have ever seen before and seemed to defy gravity. I flew closer and was now about 20 feet off the surface when I noticed a huge line of people. The people were all following a path that had a roof but no walls only poles supporting the roof. There were women and children weeping and everyone was sad. I saw a little girl wanting comfort from her father, but he just shrugged her off like he didn't care at all. It was then I noticed they were all being led into a big mincing machine with rotating blades and there was guts and bones twirling in the blades. There appeared to be what looked like two Nazi soldiers making them go into the blades.
I thought this was a trap so I decided it was time for me to get out of here.
As I was heading away I noticed two more soldiers standing near the end of the buildings and started to move in closer for a better look because from where I was they kind of looked like the rock man from the fantastic 4. As I got closer I had to really concentrate to focus properly. The harder I tried to focus I could feel my face forming out of the wisp, and as I finally got a clear look I could see they were like lizard people with green brown scaled faces. I could see the curiosity on the lizards face as he was looking at me in wisp form but at the the same time I got a clear view of him, he got a clear view of my face as well. He then seemed to panic and ran a few meters back and grabbed what appeared to be like a fire hose. I somehow knew that it was like a vacuum cleaner and he was going to suck me in so I took off faster than the speed of light so as not to get caught, But after a few seconds I felt like I was stuck in a tractor beam or net then everything went black, I passed out.
I woke in a room lying on the floor in the fetal position. The room was like a glass box inside another glass box and there were two tall aliens, not lizards but like ones you normally see pictures of with the big eyes ect. watching me from outside the second glass box. Then I felt like what might be some kind of massive blast or electric shock and remember thinking I must fight this. There was another blast stronger than the first, then a third blast even stronger, but I couldn't fight it and passed out.
And that's how the dream ended.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 01:24:48 PM by techsta »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: I died in my dream.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 09:39:54 AM »
Techsta - You certainly seemed to have an OBE. It was your description that you "felt giddy with exhilaration and energy like I have never felt before. It seemed as if I had woken up from a dream and was now in the true reality, and real life was the dream."

But you have to remember that just as your eyes do not directly allow you to see, but nerve impulses are sent to the brain where they are translated into living pictures. Nothing we sense in the world is directly known, but it is all impressions that are translated into a sense of smell, sight, hearing, etc. So the eye receives reflected light from an object that is translated into nervous impulses, which is then received by the brain which translates what are formless nerve impulses into what we feel we see. So in dreams we tend to put pictures or images collected from everyday experiences to put an interpretation on our formless dreams or impressions. We do this because we tend to have an experience of the world based on our body senses, and our dreams and communications from within come from a very different environment, so we put them in images and ideas we understand.

You then began an exploration of the world you were in. But never forget that the interpretations you clothed your impressions in are largely cultural. You say you are not religious, which I take means you are not interested in organised religion. But much of what you experienced comes from your cultural religious beliefs. It isn't that you were not experiencing important things, but the images you gave were from the culture you were raised in.

You start off in the sea - the symbol of the great ocean of Life we are all immersed in. It shows that you became more aware of your connection with a huge world of experience. Such big experiences often are too much to handle, and so we become unconscious. You then felt that you went higher and there was a distance you travelled. The fact is there is no distance you travelled. It was to give you an experience of different levels of your consciousness.

The planet that looked like fun was probably your bodies senses calling you to have 'fun'. The stream of souls is a common experience, and probably was showing you that we are all involved in a common direction and purpose, like blood cells in a huge body. The aliens was a meeting with forces in you that you had no previous experience of, too big a rush of new experience once more caused you to become unconscious.

You need to start exploring your dream to actually begin to experience the depth of what the dream indicates. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/ or http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/processing-dreams/

Tony

techsta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 02:49:09 PM »
Wow. What an amazing response.
 I am familiar with the fact our brains interpret impulses from our senses and this has given me much to think about when I reflect on dreams.
 Your response has given me a much better understanding of what was a very confusing, weird but also awesome dream. You have a great talent, a talent which I'm glad you share with the world. I'll definitely be doing some more research into dreams now you have given me a place to start. Thank you very much. :-)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 08:31:13 AM »
Techsta - As I said, I am a blood cell in a huge and wonderful body. We create each other.

Tony