Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recurring dream - forgetting to get married and have kids  (Read 6081 times)

Lola

• View Profile
Recurring dream - forgetting to get married and have kids
« on: January 02, 2014, 11:55:39 PM »
Hi,
I am happily married and have 2 great kids - but every now and then I have a dream that I forget to get married and/or have kids. My brother is also happily married, yet last night I dreamt we were both unmarried.
I'd be very grateful if some light could be shed on this recurring dream. I've probably had the dream where i forget to get married three times over the last 2 years.
Many thanks
Lola

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Recurring dream - forgetting to get married and have kids
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 08:42:34 AM »
Lola - The feeling I have about your dream is that it isn't about your actual marriage at all. If you read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing you will see that it is not the person in the dream but your feelings and thoughts about them.

So I believe your dream is about the marriage of your male half and you. This is not really understood by many people, but it is common in dreams, and is about the spiritual marriage mentioned in the bible. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-jungs-view-of-the-male-in-the-female/

This is a very important thing in your life.

Tony

Lola

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 11:14:45 AM »
Hi Tony - really appreciate you sharing your wisdom and insights. I initially thought this dream was linked to me matchmaking my single friends, but now I have come to see that it's more about work. My organisation has been restructuring for over two years, and redundancy has always been looming. It has (finally) recently happened. My husband connotes emotional and financial stability, so I guess he is symbolic of my concerns for the opportunities that once again await in the workforce. Thank you so much for clarifying.
Happy new year and best wishes Lola

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 08:55:14 AM »
Thanks Lola - If you have any further information of how you arrived at your insights it would help me in showing others.

Tony