Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A question for Tony Crisp,if I may?  (Read 11548 times)

mokey

• View Profile
A question for Tony Crisp,if I may?
« on: January 07, 2011, 11:22:52 AM »
I first bought your dream dictionary about 8 years ago and have found it very useful in working out what my dreams might mean for me, sometime I tweak your interpretations as I think they mean something different for me. For instance, a spider for me, in real life, holds me in great fear, it is the thing I am most scared of, so when I dream of a spider I consider its meaning for me to be about great fear.

I also bought your book the instant dream book but never felt compelled to read it until this week. I'm now learning how it's important to ask yourself whether you were active or not, how you felt and how you could have changed things to your advantage. I am already seeing this working for me in my interpretations.

My question is, which option is more likely to give you a better understanding? The symbols interpreted or the questioning, or really should it be a combination of the two?

I've always focused much more on the symbols but am very open to new ways of understanding my dream meanings.

Thank you in advance

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A question for Tony Crisp,if I may?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 02:53:22 PM »
Mokey - I believe that dreams are multi dimensional, and we are only conditioned by our life through our senses to see them as only having one surface, one meaning. It isn't that the different approaches contradict each other, rather they add depth and meaning to whatever else you have arrived at.

I feel I expressed this well in writing about a house. "When you dream of a house, you are meeting a hugely important and many sided representation of yourself. It is both many faceted and multidimensional.

Each dream image holds enormous data, emotional response, and created patterns of behaviour. So in considering the house in your dream you need to remember you are in touch with a full surround databank of fantastic information about you, your past and your possibilities. You can interact with this information by exploring it in the right way."

So the questions help, so do imagining yourself as the dream symbol, and even praying for help as in the feature http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/prayer-and-dream-interpretation/

Even see what I had suggested in the actual feature about house. http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-house-in-your-dream/

How I came to dreams was a very winding route, so I feel there are lots of ways in.

Tony

mokey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 05:40:52 PM »
Thank Tony, I'll bear all that in mind when working through my dreams. I must admit, since I've been putting myself into each character, things are making more sense!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 11:59:55 AM »
I believe that as you continue is that way you will find an enormous amount opens to you. It often seems like a real conversation, in that the replies or insights you get are new to you.

Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 11:16:56 AM »
Mokey - I have added a new entry since writing the above, and wonder if you can get soemthign from the following.

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-in-your-dream/

Tony