Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: dark shadow spirit  (Read 4958 times)

terraann

• View Profile
dark shadow spirit
« on: January 21, 2011, 02:19:14 PM »
DREAM # 5 1/20/11
I am standing in my son’s bedroom with a lady. I know that this lady is a medium. She looks out the window, and then quickly steps to the side as if she is hiding from something. She looks at me and asks me if I can see him? I look out the window, it is raining. It is not raining on my house and my house is glowing a bright white that extends about 20 feet. I see a figure that I feel is the presence of a man yet he has no real form of a body, he appears as a dark black shadow. He is hovering about 20 feet from my house. This lady is afraid. I ask her what he wants. The medium says that the shadow said that I was already supposed to have died. At that moment my daughter opens the door to the bedroom. I quickly walk over to the door and push her out, closing the door behind her. I walk back over to the lady who is afraid and tell her that it is okay because the negative energy cannot enter my home. She asks why and is doubtful. I tell her that my house and all that who are in it are surrounded by the great white light of protection and that no negative energy may enter my home.

Then I woke up in the middle of the night feeling very uneasy. Any ideas on this one?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: dark shadow spirit
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »
Terraann – The lady is a medium; suggesting that she either goes into a trance or is controlled by another. If this is so means she is using a faculty that was very old in mankind’s development. Or in other words it is a way of getting information that you do not understand with any higher faculty. They tend to live only in the idea of us having physical shaped existence. So of course she is not sensitive enough to recognise your own ability to live in the light, so is frightened.

Yet the dark shape is formless. So I wonder if this is the Guardian or the Threshold. If so it can represent all the actions that are yet not transformed. A sort of embodiment of your karma – as you sow so shall you reap. But up till now you are largely unaware of them, but now they will become known and transformed. The threshold is crossed when you meet the fear that you have used to hold the dark figure at a distance. Only in death have you met it before.

Lurch in the comedy in which he appeared is an excellent image of the Shadow and the Guardian of the Threshold. Lurch represented Frankenstein's monster, and Frankenstein's monster was a composite made up of many dead bodies, dead people. So of course he is a wonderful depiction of the Dweller of the Threshold, the karma from past lives, the bits that need to be faced, healed, or met and integrated. 

Obviously it is presented dramatically in your dream, but if you have a good will and can meet the fear you built to protect yourself; especially if you believe that life is not a punishment but a way to help you to grow to your full potential, then you can pass by the guardian.

Here is a dream that explains one meeting with the guardian.

I had gone in search of belongings left to me by8 my ancestors, and realised I had the key to the door. The door was of very solid construction but easily opened with the key. It led into a large area with much the same feeling as the floor above -- old and empty but not ruined. 

Then suddenly, as if he were a caretaker or butler, Lurch, the character in the TV series in which he plays Frankenstein's monster, stepped out from the shadows. I observed him without feeling any anxiety, and noticed he had a large kitchen knife in his belt. I asked him why he needed such a knife, thinking that perhaps he might threaten me with it. He said that there was a large puma that sometimes jumped out on you unexpectedly from the shadows, and you needed a knife to protect yourself. Having said that he handed me such a knife, knowing somehow that I had come to explore the house of my ancestors. The suggestion in handing me the knife was that I killed the puma if it leapt on me. Then he and I started to walk into the shadowy areas of the house to begin my search. 

We had only gone about ten yards into the dim space stretching before us when a very large puma leapt on me. As I felt its impact on my chest I held it firmly in my arms and realised that I had no intention to kill or hurt it. Its head was close to my face, and with surprise and love I could see that, although it had the face of a big cat, it was the face of Dakota. The puma was, I saw, her beautiful and wild sexual love for me, and an embodiment of her spirit self ready to share the journey into the house of the ancestors. So I put Puma down, and Lurch, Puma and I walked together into the darkness. 

I realised that I had been tested to see whether I would feel fear because of the large knife, or would kill an animal. So I had passed the first test of non violence, and of loving the animal.

So I think this is why you woke feeling uneasy. And what I have said can only be suggestions. Perhaps you can meet the Dweller? He is certainly dwelling on your threshold.

Tony