Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Being attacked by a samurai with a big knife  (Read 10555 times)

Len

• View Profile
Being attacked by a samurai with a big knife
« on: September 26, 2010, 12:52:39 AM »
Hello,

I dreamt that I was being attacked by a samurai. He had a sword and a big knife. He made a cut on his finger then spread his blood on his knife, then he also made a nick in his sword with his knife blade. I knew that these two actions meant that he had to kill me. I had a knife or sword of some kind too I think. I stood staring at him, waiting for his move. Every time he tried to attack I blocked with my knife/sword, but there was no end to it (until my alarm clock woke me up).

What could this mean?

Len

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Being attacked by a samurai with a big knife
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 01:10:20 PM »
Hi Len - Quite an opponent you have dreamed up.

Two ideas or images come to mind. The first is that the blood on the Samurai blood is very similar to being blood brothers in another culture. Also I have come across another 'dream' in which a conflict went on forever without resolving - as yours promised to do - and in that one the dreamer realised there could be no resolution to this and gave up by throwing down his sword. The result was a wonderfully change in the dreamer. In fact a new life.

Also you cannot be killed in a dream. All you can experience is the anguish and perhaps fear of dying, but in dreams you cannot die - or drown, or burn or any other threatening thing. We make the mistake of taking our very real values from our outer life into our inner life of dreams. So it will do you no harm to throw down your sword and challenge your opponent to do his worst. That is a very powerful thing to do. Or you could realise that actually a dream is a very real virtual reality all created by your feelings, thoughts and fears, and so you could see your opponent as an exteriorisation of yourself and draw him back into you and gain his power.

Anyway, what an amazing dream. No fear or running - just watching and reacting.

As far as interpreting the dream - I feel you have been influenced by Japanese culture, and in the Samurai opponent you are meeting your more daring and strong self. What will you do with all the fire and power? There is something about family here to, as swords can be passed down through many generations. So ask yourself what is passing down to you.

Tony
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:15:14 PM by Tony Crisp »

Len

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »
Hello Tony,

Thank you for your comments. It was very helpful and set me thinking more about the dream and I realised it is quite a significant dream for me.

In the dream it was clear that the samurai would never give up. As I was purely defending myself from each blow, and never attacking, the fight would therefore go on for ever until he killed me, and it also consumed all of my focus and attention to continue to defend myself. I also experienced satisfaction at every blow I successfully deflected.

The implications of this are quite interesting if I take this image and compare to what is going on in my life.

Len

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 11:35:12 AM »
Hi Len - Of course one of the things to note about dreams are that they are like a mirror. They reflect back to you in their images and drama mostly what you are feeling and even fearing.

So your implacable contestant might only what you feel, and is not there for all time. Change your approach to yourself and the whole thing changes.

Tony