Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Polar bears  (Read 6617 times)

pimuli

• View Profile
Polar bears
« on: January 31, 2011, 11:40:52 AM »
I've been dreamng about polar bears a lot. They're not attacking me,  it's  tricky to know what they mean. Last night I dreamt that I was pregnant and as i was looking inward into my womb I saw my child but also a polar bear in there, lying in a fetal position a little distance away from the foetus. I have been releasing a lot of shame and frustration and sadness lately, would any of these feelings match the polar bear? The bear isn't aggressive but it makes me uneasy. My own interpretation has been that I have a silnet cold rage in me that I'm holding in my 3rd chakra, a strong resentment that is sleeping and I'm afraid of my own power, of my anger. Any suggestions?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Polar bears
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:19:45 AM »
Pia/Pimuli – It is obvious that you are experiencing anxiety, and unfortunatley8 feeling that is bad. So please relax and read the following:

“Themes more common in the dreams of pregnant women than in those of a control group are those of animals and water. At first such dreams of water or animals may be calm, even healing, but later on in pregnancy there may be dreams of turmoil or even nightmare. Several studies show this is normal in the sense that it is experienced by many women, and probably reflects the anxieties unconsciously held by the woman about her unborn baby and about birth.  
Most pregnant women conjure visions of water, which psychologists say may represent the amniotic fluid. The foetus itself often appears in the guise of a baby animal such as a puppy or a kitten or, as in Robyn's case, an amphibious creature such as a turtle. Overall, pregnant women dream about animals significantly more often than do women who are not expecting.

Anxiety was present in over 80 percent of the dream reports of those who subsequently delivered in less than 10 hours, but was scorable in only 25 percent of the dreams of the prolonged labour group (over 20 hours).  The women who were intermediate in frequency of anxiety themes were also intermediate in length of labour.

This supports the hypothesis that the function of the dream is an attempt to master, in fantasy, an anticipated stress in waking life.

So we see that for some women the anticipated trauma of childbirth is too great to be al¬lowed even symbolic or displaced expression in dreams. . . . Such women are tenser both psycholog¬ically and physiologically than the women who have used dreaming as a psychologic immunisation to prepare themselves for the ap¬proaching confinement.” Quoted from The Dreaming Brain by Robert van de Castle Ph.d.

So your anxiety is a good sign, because it will mean a shorter labour, and the polar bear is okay, it shows a healthy pregnancy unless other dreams say otherwise.

So your anxiety is a good sign, because it will mean a shorter labour, and the polar bear is okay, it shows a healthy pregnancy unless other dreams say otherwise.

You are doing okay, and blessings on your baby.

Tony
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:22:38 AM by Tony Crisp »

pimuli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 04:53:12 PM »
Thank you for the help with the interpretation, Tony! There's just one thing though - I'm NOT pregnant. Could I be processing some kind of symbolic pregnancy?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 01:19:20 PM »
Pimuli - It could be. Was the dream during menstruation, or prior to it, as that can produce such dreams.

But being pregnant in a dream usually means you are about to give birth to something important. So if you can, talk to the  baby and polar bear and ask them what they bring with them.

Tony

pimuli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 09:49:44 AM »
Thank you for the advice Tony, I'll definitely ask my polar bear. :) When I dreamt it I wasn't close menstruation. But I am birthing myself in many ways right now, spiritually and identity-wise. :)