Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Same themes 3 nights in a row  (Read 6958 times)

rawwar73

• View Profile
    • The Upside Down World
Same themes 3 nights in a row
« on: February 01, 2011, 07:31:59 PM »
The last three nights, I have had dreams which contained similar themes.  I can't quite figure out what they mean, but obviously they must be trying to say something since it's repeating. 

In the first dream, the world had basically broken down.  Electricity, gas, food and water had become very hard to come by.  People were walking the streets trying to find things they needed or seek help.  It was tense, but overall it was pretty orderly - especially because there was a very powerful, totalitarian government in place.  However, I and my family and various members of my "group" (not sure what the connection between us all was) were living in a very large, technologically advanced house.  I was the leader of the group living in the house.  We were being provided with necessities by the government.  Although we were very fortunate not to be suffering the way most people were, what we were provided with was very scarce.  We also had to be careful because the government was watching us closely to make sure we didn't step too far out of line with their rules.  The house had a very large underground with many rooms.  There were many people, children and families residing there.  Because our group was large and there were many children, we were occasionally able to take in children from the outside without the government noticing.  There was also a large garden out back.  I love to garden, but this one had not been planted by me.  Parts of it were beautiful, but a lot of it was strange and unattractive to me.  It was also a dangerous place for me to spend too much time because it was easier for the government to keep an eye on me when I was outside.

In the second dream, I was in college.  I lived in a small, comfortable dorm room and was dating a very tall, skinny, dark haired man.  He was the lead singer of a well known metal band.  I had apparently broken up with my husband who is also a singer.  However, once again, social order was breaking down.  The basics of life had become scarce and the college was shutting down due to the lack of resources.  Again, I felt pretty protected from the effects of this scarcity - at least for the time being.  At the end of the dream, my mother came to pick me up from school.

Last night I dreamt that the world was at the very beginning stages of breaking down.  Again scarcity of basic necessities was the issue.  Also again, there was a powerful, totalitarian government in place.  My husband and I were out shopping for a new house that we would be able to weather this dangerous period.  We went through a house that I kind of liked and was happy to discover had a vast underground basement area.  There were already people living there which I was happy about.  This house also had a large, pre-existing garden out back.  Again, there were many parts of it which I found strange and unattractive.  We left this house to look at another house, but I wasn;t impressed with the next house I saw.  I seemed to be the one who had the final say in the matter.  Buying the house also meant that I would be the leader of the people living in the house.  Right before I woke up, I took us back to the street which the first house was on where we could see the for sale sign in the front yard was still there.  I think I was about to buy it. 

I am pretty sure that these dreams are some how realted to several things going on in my life.  The first is that I have been gaining a huge amount of spiritual knowledge lately which goes far beyond what is normally accepted in my religious tradition (Christianity).  It isn't in conflict with my religious beliefs, but definitely stretches them.  Secondly, my husband and I have come to understand that there are some important things which we are supposed to be doing in life but which we have not been able to do because my husband has been trying to do things in his own, dysfunctional way and blaming me for the bad results.  Third, after a year of intense conflict between us, my husband has finally been brought to see his dysfunction and is now on board with working together with me as a partner in order to move forward.    Previously, he had been trying to set the course and expected me to adopt his ways of doing and seeing things in order to get on board with him in order to pursue the course he thought we should be on.    So, there's been a lot going on, but I'm not sure howwhat exactly these dreams may be trying to tell me!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Same themes 3 nights in a row
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 01:57:55 PM »
Dear Rawwar – What a dream, and what a dreamer. And thank you for explaining so much in telling the dreams and about your life.

I have, since I have been receiving dreams on this site, seen several ‘end of the world’ dreams – well, end of society. Having collected dreams for thirty years, and it seems that they are coming more frequently, and with very marked themes. So I am sure they are very meaningful, and I see them as ways of preparing people for massive changes and even hard times.

The basement seems important, and that you took in other children, another feature of EOTW dreams. If you can read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/peer-dream-group/, it would be wonderful if you and your husband could work in that way. Interpretation might occasionally stir up the wonderful and passionate emotions that are the root of most dreams, but actually exploring them in the way described can give you entrance to that wonderful Source.

In the dream you are searching for a house, and that may not be literal, but it is probably that you are searching for a way or a place to be, and that is where finding the Source comes in because there is such guidance. Recently I was told by that wonderful Love that you know, that I am a messenger, a humble role, but I am so pleased to be here with this task.

I would like you to read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/prophetic-dream-coming-years/, http://dreamhawk.com/poems/ground-swell/and http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/the-quickening/.

It is all about what you are facing in your dreams, and if it strikes a cord, then your dreams will move on to another instruction.

And don’t forget the For Sale sign. You may need to give something to get something.

I join hands with you.

Tony
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:12:13 PM by Tony Crisp »

rawwar73

• View Profile
    • The Upside Down World
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 10:11:13 PM »
Tony, thank you for your response.  It's a lot to think/meditate about.  I've been thinking about/struggling to understand the Star Beings you speak of.  One of the things that I have started to understand is that one aspect of creation and particularly humanity is that it is God experiencing all that is.  To put it briefly, we will not ever experience anything that God does not also experience.  And, in fact, it is through our experience of life that God experiences these things.  I suppose the most reductive way of putting it is that human existence actually is God experiencing all that there is to experience - in our world and as our type of being at least.  If that makes sense.  (Obviously, there's more to it than that, but hopefully it conveys a broad sense of what I am trying to say.)

I am wondering if in a similar way these Star Beings you speak of can be understood as God acting out those ancient forces of creation.  In much the way that we are the means by which God experiences human life, are these Star Beings the way that God creates and lives out the forces of creation and life?  Obviously, I am still struggling for the right ways to express this concept of something being both separate from and part of God.  Perhaps both an aspect of God and a creation of God would better explain it. 

This may seem like a silly or unnecessary way to try and pin these experiences and ideas down, but my particular gifting is primarily as a communicator.  So, it is important for me not just to know things, but to be able to explain them in ways that others can receive as well.  Anyhow, I'm just trying to get a better handle on what it all means!

rawwar73

• View Profile
    • The Upside Down World
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 12:08:31 AM »
I just had a chance to re-read your post on the quickening more closely and wanted to respond some.  What you are talking about absolutely lines up with what I know and am discovering/remembering.  I have been very blessed that my Christian experience has been a source of healing, wisdom and grace rather than the imprisonment and oppression that many people have experienced.  Probably not surprisingly, my experiencing has been largely church-free.  At any rate, my point is that my understanding of the quickening you speak of has been experienced within the Christian faith and my explanation of it is clothed in the language of Christianity.  Which is to say that my explanation of this experience would sound different than yours, but contain much the same truths.  I certainly understand that the Spirit is not confined to our religions - even one that I believe to be true like Christianity - and that many will be brought to the understandings you speak of outside of and sometimes even in opposition to religion.  Which is my very long way of saying that I hope that my use of Christian language, framing and references is neither off-putting or used as a way to dismiss me as "one of those" types of people. 

Which actually brings me back to my dreams.  I think that I am beginning to see that my calling may be to express these ancient ideas and truths within the framework of Christianity.  What exactly this will entail, I'm not sure yet.  But, most likely the powerful, totalitarian  government in my dreams is the formal church as it exists today.  It is very powerful and while our modern technology allows fore the spread of new ideas, it also makes it very easy for those who are upholding the old, oppressive ways of thinking to quickly label those who step out of line as heretics.  Theirs is a mentality of scarcity - scarcity of love and grace and forgiveness and they have convinced many that they are the only real source of these things and that they can be had only by following their rules.  Yet, they dole out these goods in such small measure that the majority of people never have enough.  Total freedom is a threat.  I'm sure that you are right about the for sale sign.  I have longed to be part of the church forever, but have not found anywhere that would allow me to hold onto the truth and freedom I know.   Most likely, following my call will mean letting go of that wish to be accepted by the wider church.  I also know that in some ways it would be much easier to join those who have left religion behind altogether and are exploring what is without restraints (and most likely also without anything to guard against the reality of the human frailities and limitations we exist with).  Which may be part of the meaning of the basement.  Because I do feel that my place is to work within Christianity, there are restraints and protections that those who leave religion behind don't have.  And that is a reality I have to live with as well.  I'm not sure what to make of the gardens.  Perhaps they represent spiritual truths that I boith want and find odd, unfamiliar and unsettling because of where I am coming from.  And as much as I love gardens and desire to exploree them, they are a dangerous place for me because this is where I may discover those things which will put me at odds with the powerful government - ie the church. 

Once again, thanks for sharing your wisdom so freely.  As I'm sure you know, seeking and following the spirit where it leads rather than where we've been told it must go can be a rather solitary journey at times.  It is always nice to meet a fellow sojourner who is close enough to where one is to share with!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:05:02 AM »
Dear Rawwar – Thank you so much for taking so much time and care in what you have written. I have tried often to hide slightly, but it is all out there in what I write. But I feel encourage to explain something about my experience through your honesty.

At the end of the 60’s after many difficult years of searching and trying everything from praying with the rosary, doing hours of different sorts of meditation, studying for 11 years in a school teaching ‘the way’ I decided that I still had not found what I had searched for. So I had the thought that as I had failed and so had no idea, and had got fed up with so many teachers – all charging me for the honour of teaching me – I sat each day for an hour in silence knowing that as I didn’t know anything I would give up striving and meditating. I felt that if there were a God, I could, as it were, stand on the street waiting for my friend. And if he/she came he would tap me on the shoulder and I would know through personal experience.

So I did this for a long time. Then one night as I had gone to the toilet and was about to get back into bed a voice from everywhere said. “You have asked how God touches the human soul. Now watch closely.”

It would take to long to explain what happened then, but it was an initiation into Life. I was as it were taken into the Mother Church; the mother from which all churches had sprung.

And then there followed after a year or so a wonderful initiation into Christ. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/meetings-with-the-christ/ ; and then over the years initiations into Tribal religions, the Native American Way; the Buddhist way.

So I cannot and do not use the word God very often because I am writing for a wider audience, so I call it Life.

But I very much appreciate what you feel called to do, and can see its importance. Although I feel it is more applicable to America that Europe. We are all going through dark times and each must do what their gift is to help. And it doesn’t matter that we are not perfect.

I would love you to read The Unknown God - http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/meetings-with-the-christ/ I realise it is not an easy read, but even so it throws a wonderful light in much that has been taken to be fables in the Bible.

While on short visit to San Francisco I had an experience that I think is equally about you.

What first happened was that I was suddenly shot into a dream state, yet I was still awake. In this state I had a very distinct image, along with a feeling, of a small bird fluttering close my head. What was incredibly clear and real was the way its wings were fluttering. I could really see and feel that they were not simply waving up-and-down but vibrating at great speed. The bird kept fluttering near me, and I realised it was trying to attract my attention so I would follow it. So in fact I did and it led me in a condition of great darkness. I could see or hear nothing. But the bird led on and I trusted it and we came to what was recognisably a dark cave from which were slowly emerging hundreds, perhaps thousands of people. I understood as I saw this that an enormous number of people throughout the world were now emerging from a dark place. I realised that there was the need for many workers to meet them and help them to learn to live life within the light. I realised also that I and others are the workers engaged in this.

Tony