Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Recurring dreams of a night sky!  (Read 7449 times)

yendor1152

• View Profile
Recurring dreams of a night sky!
« on: February 02, 2011, 04:02:54 AM »
Hey, Tony! Thanks for your assessment of my "dead friend" dream. It was very comforting.

Now, I have something else for you. In the last two years, I've had a series of recurring dreams about the night sky. These are not unpleasant dreams, though something always happens within them that both frightens and surprises me.

In the dreams, which are mostly set in the evening (though one or two have had daytime settings), I'm standing and intently studying the sky. Sometimes, it's very dark around me. The first time I had this dream, I was in the back yard of my childhood home--a home we left in 1968, when I was 15. Nothing in my life has affected me like moving away from that house. My fondest wish is to one day buy it back and live there (more on that in another thread, since I've dreamed about this place many times).

Anyway, in the first dream--which set up the parameters for all the others--I'm watching the night sky. The sky itself is full of stars. Much more than in real life. And the stars are very clear and sharp and somewhat closer than normal. And as I'm watching, something unusual happens. I see what appears to be a comet with a tail flying across the sky, and then it explodes with a loud bang! This frightens me, but I'm also quite fascinated by it. I woke up immediately afterward.

The dreams since then have followed this pattern, with slight variations. I'm always looking up at the night sky. Once in a while, there seems to be a spotlight of sorts on me, but beyond that, it's dark. The stars are clear, bright, and close. Once in a while, they're colored in pastel shades of red and blue, orange and green. And then, I see one or several of them start to move. Or there's a shooting star. In more than a few dreams (including the last one I had just the other night), I also notice a UFO and get very agitated. I wouldn't call it a fear, but more like an anxiety. One of the "daytime" dreams I had also contained a UFO.

I should say that I find these dreams interesting and relatively pleasant to look back on. I actually look forward to them because they're so real and intriguing.

I've looked up the meaning of such dreams, and the night sky and UFOs and comets and shooting stars all seem to point to a life-changing event, something good. I've been a magazine writer for years and have been working on a novel that's in the final stages of completion. My feelings are torn about this book--while I feel it's good and will sell, there's anxiousness there, too. Could the sky dreams have something to do with this? I feel they're connected in some fundamental way.

Thanks--I'm looking forward to your interpretation!

Rod

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Recurring dreams of a night sky!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:39:26 AM »
Rod – The many stars and the comet speak of cosmic events rather than local. And that they are happening in your dreams shows cosmic events that are influencing you.

That is both intriguing and frightening, as any newly experienced things would be. The UFO suggests contact with the whole self, including the parts that you have not met before. So your dreams are about something very big happening to you at an almost unconscious level. But it says it is becoming conscious.

Your dreams have a lot of similarities with the feature http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/prophetic-dream-coming-years/

It is also another dream of sensing the future events. So to save saying the same thing over and over, can you look at the entries Same themes 3 nights in a row  - and Flooding...Dream theme? They will tell you so much about what you are experiencing.

But your dreams are like many that are occurring at the moment, getting the dreamers ready for a huge change, and to be influential in it. To quote from previous features, “I believe an enormous and powerful spiritual event is occurring at this time. As I became aware of them – the star beings – I knew also that they were asking something of us, something that we were not giving. If we listen, they are telling us that there are shifts going on that will require something of us, something more than we are giving as a race. What they ask, what they have always required of us, is to be custodians of life on earth, and not pillagers and rapists.”

Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 11:34:34 AM »
Rod - Forgot to say about your proposed book - my two sons, Leon and Quentin have started a publishing company. You could try your book there - http://chomupress.com/

Or publishing in Kindle or eBook format is now easy to do. I could give some tips.

Tony

yendor1152

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 04:00:33 PM »
Thanks for the advice and interpretation, Tony! I read your link and found it very revealing. Whenever I have these "star dreams," I always wake with the feeling (a feeling I also have while within the dream) that this is a portent, a hint of cosmic things happening. Not sure what, though I do think it has to do with my writing in some way.

I'm reminded of a comment I made in a rather off-handed way to a friend of mine about two and a half years ago. He was visiting, and we were discussing my book. I was sitting in a chair and had been surfing a laptop, which I was still holding. He asked how long the editing process would take, since I'd already been editing for quite some time. I replied, "well, however long it takes, I know that my life will be completely different from the way it is now once it's finished." The comment seemed to come from an subconscious part of me, since I rarely, if ever, talk about my novel to anyone. Since then, I've thought of that remark many times and truly feel that something good is brewing, something life-changing. I'd already had a few star dreams by then, and they've yet to diminish.

My goal, actually, is to land an agent and go on from there. Do your sons run a print-on-demand agency?

Rod

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 09:37:25 AM »
Rod - My sons run a publishing company. A friend of mine, who is well know and published two books through an agent, recently tried to place another book and no agent would handle her. So things have changed enormously in publishing, even the big names say so.

When I had the dream about the stars I didn’t know what it meant. As you said, “Not sure what, though.” It was only when I got into standing in as the symbols and allowing my body and feelings respond that I enter the world of the Star Beings.

We are usually so sure that what we think is important, and the only way of communication is with words; and dreams are not about thought or words. They arise from a deeply unconscious level – even the body. So opening ones body, feelings and dreaming while awake, can open to door to understanding our dreams.

Tony