Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sad dog nightmare  (Read 5184 times)

Mandivb

• View Profile
Sad dog nightmare
« on: February 10, 2011, 02:25:43 AM »
I was really upset by this dream....

I was at the airport with my friend we were all leaving on a trip to paris. My dog (a beagle) came running out of no where and went chasing after me in the boarding tunnel thing and all the sudden he feel through the floor. I looked through the crack and it seemed to be like a mile down. I ran down there after him and my dog ran away. He jumped up on some random guys lap. And my friends aunt picked him up he wad bleeding and whining. My friends aunt told me to get on the plane and she would take him, so I did. When I got to Paris I was in tears and my friends aunt called and told me that my dog had broken his ribs he was confined to his bed for awhile and wasn't suppose to move. The whole time I was in Paris I didn't do anything but cry. Then I woke up. 

Any idea what this dream means??? I'm really disturbed by it. :(

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Sad dog nightmare
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »
Mandivb -  If instead  of saying dog, we say it is your feelings of love and wanting to be with the person you care for, it can give you a clue to your dream. Every part of a dream is an aspect of your self put into images outside of you so you have a clearer understanding of what you are doing.

So in your dream it seems like your natural feelings always want to be involved in what you are doing. And you do not like to be away from those you love and care for, and that is why you were crying.

But there is a part of us that is our instinctive nature. In fact it is a part of our brain which creates those feelings. It is called the Mammalian Brain. So it is not simply a dream symbol. That part of us can only respond at a certain level, like your dog. Unfortunately it cannot help but wanting to get involved in everything you do. But at the moment it/you can get hurt feelings. So it needs to be educated in the ways of modern life. A way of doing this is to imagine yourself back in the dream, and seeing you stop it and explain the situation to it so you will not get hurt feelings.

Talk to it/you and it will get the idea – though it may take a while.  :)

Tony