Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drunk with Spirit  (Read 5301 times)

Waves

• View Profile
Drunk with Spirit
« on: February 11, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
I had this very unusual dream, and would like it if you could give me some ideas about its meaning.

In it I was first in a street being manhandled by a group of rowdy men. I did nothing to defend myself or fight back, and they pushed me onto the ground and poured spirits, alcohol, over me and into my mouth - saw this in the film The Elephant Man.

Then I awoke alone in a room. Or perhaps it is more correct to say I came to, because I felt as if I had been unconscious for some time. I didn’t know the room or where I was. I had the sense it was partly to do with business or a shop. The phone kept ringing and the calls were for me, and I wondered how people knew where I was because I didn’t know myself. I can only remember the last call - about the third. It was a man I appeared to know - a friend. He said that he had been dealing with the police over the situation I had been in - the one leading me to be unconscious. He had done the best he could because the police had said I could plead one of two ways. I cannot remember exactly what the friend said, but one was something like drunk and incapable, and the other was a bit more serious. He had pleaded the least serious, but even so I realised this would result in an endorsement on my driving license. After the telephone call I thought about this and was sure it was because while I had been unconscious, possibly due to the alcohol poured into me, my car had been parked illegally outside the house I was in. I wondered whether to fight this sentence. I imagined saying to the police - This is a ridiculous charge as witnesses will confirm that I never drink. I wanted to make them realise I had been forced to drink.

Now I am suddenly in another environment completely, though I have a distinct sense of connection. It is perhaps the man who had phoned me who now leads me into a public meeting place, a rather old fashioned hall, where a small group of men, about fifteen or twenty, are seated informally near one wall. There is a clear impression to me that they are Middle Eastern, Turkish perhaps, or some of them are, very direct and masculine. I am led in front of them and stand alone. I am starting to explain to them about the unconsciousness and am taking my coat off as they say to me one word - Test. This refers to the testing in which you open to the spirit, as the group are members of a spiritually oriented organisation. As I am still talking and taking my coat off they laugh at my incompetence. They have asked me to Test - open to the spiritual - and here I am talking about something inconsequential and taking my coat off. I realise the situation, stop talking and open to the wider life. Immediately I feel a flow of uplifting feeling move through my being as I am led to make slow movements of hands and arms. These become full body movements, a sort of unusual dance, part of which is a difficult hopping and turning movement. This is done flowingly and without hesitation, so I know I am deep into surrender. As this is going on my shirt comes off at least half of my chest and back. I think and feel that the men will see that at least I have a healthy strong body. The men are silent and I feel connected with them through the Test.

Suddenly I lift my legs up and hang in the air. The men gasp with surprise and uplift to see this demonstrated. Then my body lifts higher and flicks into a backward arc, my hands touching my toes in a circle. The men gasp and shout out as this has some special significance, as in Subud. Now lifting right up into the sky itself, and feeling a part of the heavens I start to sing. My voice is like thunder filling space. I sing simple words - something like –

Love is bigger than the ocean. Love is wider than the sky. Life is full of ancient wonder. Love is more than meets the eye.

I have a sense of enormous power being expressed in the levitation and voice. The power of spirit is pouring through me.

Then I am on the ground again, in the room, and shaking hands with the men. I have no sense of power or being a grand person. I am just pleased that I could have allowed what had happened, as it was a wonderful inspiration to us all, me included.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Drunk with Spirit
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 12:11:27 PM »
Waves – This is an enormous dream. The first part of the dream, the men and the alcohol, didn’t feel at all aggressive when I explored it. There was a feeling of calm acceptance, and as I look at this I had a deep sense that this represents a profound self acceptance, but also an acceptance of your life situation.

The men I felt as ordinary everyday life experience, and they were pouring the spirit of life on and into you. In other words the acceptance of everyday life opens you to a connection with the roots of life within oneself - life that is both common and ordinary, yet profound. This has in it the experience of taking in a huge amount of everyday life.

The next scene shows you waking, and it took a long time to have any real sense of seeing the reality of this. I feel it as a waking up to several things. Firstly there is the telephone ringing. It means you are realising that you actually have connections, friends who support you. And I think that would have provoked emotions.

But it also shows that the business side of you is willing to support and honour the spiritual side of your nature. It suggests that you are only just respecting your own spiritual self, and thus it is only just becoming respected by others.

It suggests how important it is to have skills, and share them with others. You seem to have gathered many skills in your life, and are willing to share them with others.

You are waking to an awareness of your connection with other people and life, and that will give you a wider awareness.

The Test is a test of your own quality, similar to Subud testing. It is shown as a Mediterranean nature, which is very open and demonstrative of scorn or praise, and this is the man in yourself that is critical, but a criticism that sharpens your insight. The dance is the dance of a one legged man. It is saying, “Look, even with one leg you can still express the power of life. You can still dance your life.”

Then when you lift your feet from the floor and hang suspended, I see this as saying - see, no legs necessary. Even if you don’t have any legs, it doesn’t matter if your heart is clear and loving.

I believe this is the wonderful awareness of being at one with life that comes so easily to you now.

The floating without visible means of support was saying, see, if the Self Existent shines through you, you do not need the usual means of support – you do not need to look beautiful,  have money, power, authority, an acceptable role, etc.

Then when your body arced backwards I see this as a statement that no matter what contortions life leads you into, there is no pain or sorrow.

Finally, the thunderous song in the clouds is an experience of something very simple. This is a waking up from the darkness of soul. In waking you will ‘sing your song’ to many people.

I salute you!

Tony