Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: blood sample  (Read 5740 times)

mikey

• View Profile
blood sample
« on: February 11, 2011, 04:22:22 PM »
hi tony,
bit stuck with the symbology in this dream ,hoping you can give me a few pointers,
the dream.
 lying on a bed,  an older male nurse type character,takes me by supprise by sticking a needle in my nose,he is a haematologist and just wants a sample of blood ,
he then notices something ,with a pair of forceps he removes a piece of metal from the bridge of my nose,
i say to him, this why i have constantly been having boils on my nose,he replies yes,its something that has been working its way out,a remnant from a pair of glasses i wore as a child,
i realise now that it has been removed ,the healing will begin,
none of this makes sense,i never wore glasses as a child,and no boil's on the nose,
so the literal interpretation is out,
i can see the probable connection with some sort of repressed injury or emotion,maybe from childhood,
but i don't understand ,and am very intrigued by the nose theme and the taking of a blood sample,
look forward to your thoughts.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: blood sample
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »
Mikey – Somehow I feel this may link with what we are doing with your dreams. The needle in the nose must have been a shock of some sort, and a blood sample could be a way of saying, “Who are you!” What quality are you, what is your background. And the fact that it is your nose and the glasses suggests your ability to know what is usually invisible – a smell – but that you have problems with seeing this – what you are facing in life.

The nose is sometimes called the ‘dangerous area’, because it can be infected more easily as it doesn’t have a good blood supply. To quote Wikipedia, “The dangerous triangle of the face consists of the area from the corners of the mouth to the bridge of the nose, including the nose and maxilla. Due to the special nature of the blood supply to the human nose and surrounding area, it is possible (although very rare) for retrograde infections from the nasal area to spread to the brain.”

And the piece of metal – well the only connections I can think of with metal and the nose and seeing, is that metal can be strong and inflexible – inflexible about seeing or sensing something. The boil sould be emotions unexpressed and seeking release.

So there is a lot about blood and not be able to express or to see or sense what is needed.

I hope this helps though it is a bit hit and miss.

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
Re: blood sample
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 01:55:21 PM »
thanks tony for your insight,
i don't think your thoughts are hit & miss at all,what you said makes sense,actually triggered a chain of related thoughts,
sensing the invisible,as you said,via the nose ,this reminded me of intuition,we often use the phrase , i smell something ,as a metaphor for intuition,
i also thought of that childlike way of seeing the world ,the dream seems to refer to this aspect of my life aswell,
with ref to the need of ,getting it back ,
taking blood is also used for diag-nosing whats wrong,
the dream is telling me everything i need to know,
the cause,the symptons,the cure.
you thoughts helped trigger this,
many thanks
mikey