Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Massacre and money  (Read 6231 times)

Midlander

• View Profile
Massacre and money
« on: February 16, 2011, 11:43:56 PM »
Last night I dreamt that I was in a clearing in the midst of woodland with a large group of people on our way to somewhere. We were ambushed by two or three violent people who set about killing the people by hitting them over the heads with large rocks. The people didn't run; they just stood, distressed but accepting their fate. In amongst all the mayhem, I saw the opportunity to slip away from the crowd, to pick up a brief case which I knew was full of money that the attackers had stolen and make off into the woods. I paused by the first track out of the woods but decided it was too close to the attackers and made my way further into the woods.

???

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Massacre and money
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:40:33 AM »
Midlander – Well, there is a mixture of opposites here. There is the very passive role taken by the people who allowed themselves to be killed, and an active role in running off with the money. See: http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/active-passive/

It is also interesting that you made your way further into the woods. And you were on a journey which was ambushed.

This sounds like a daring adventure further into yourself. A adventure with the treasure. To quote from the dream dictionary, “If you are in or exploring the forest it shows you becoming aware of the level of yourself that is usually drowned out by your daily life or civilized activities. You will be more aware of meeting your internal animals. This is the country of dreams and the unconscious. In the forest you are in touch with the forces and wisdom of Life.”

The death of the people often takes place when there is a point of departure, a great choice, or giving up of old ways of life and entering the new.

Tony

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 04:42:39 PM »
Thanks Tony - it was a dream that left me slightly troubled. One of those 'technicolour surround sound' varieties that is saying 'this is important'.

It did come, also, at a time when my normal opportunities for withdrawal and contemplation were being seriously eaten into.

The death of the people often takes place when there is a point of departure, a great choice, or giving up of old ways of life and entering the new.

I will treasure the opportunity of moving more into the exploration and the forest!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 04:54:13 PM by Midlander »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:29:03 AM »
Midlander - May the Force be with you!!!

Tony :-)