Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Running away from an angry bear  (Read 5547 times)

just-me

• View Profile
Running away from an angry bear
« on: February 27, 2011, 08:32:13 AM »
In the dream, I am standing in the middle of a strawberry patch. I look down and see all these large ripe strawberries. I want to jump over a ditch to the other side but vines and thorns prevent me from doing so. I become more and more anxious to get to the other side and literally throw myself over. In the meantime there are 2 or 3 grizzly bears sleeping and I run as fast as possible to get in a car just as 1 of the bears wake and begin growling and roaring at me.
Then the scene changes to me running very fast and having to jump over 2 low ditches/gullies that have fences in front of them. I easily jump these, before the scene changes to me quickly walking past a group of people who are watching me. I'm very uncomfortable and embarrassed and can't make eye contact with any of these people. A preteen girl (a daughter of a friend) breaks away from the group and proceeds to walk with me but I still can't look or speak to her. We continue walking together in silence.
In the next scene, I'm watching my ex boyfriend (the same one I wrote about in a previous dream) walk up a flight of steps which are located in front of a rather large, important looking building.
I then realize I left behind a suitcase that had all my clothes in it and am left with a small duffel bag that contains only a couple of previously worn, wadded up items of clothing.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Running away from an angry bear
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »
Just-Me – It seems to me that you desperately want to get past barriers. And although it is the strawberries you say you want, when get to them you leave them and go on another journey to cross hurdles.

So perhaps you simply want to get past things in you way? But then you cannot make eye contact. I believe when we do that it is because we believe what we are saying or presenting or ourselves as the truth, but we know deep within that we are fooling ourselves and there is a deeper truth we are not admitting.

So when you look at that pre-teen girl in the eye, what do you feel? What do you realise about yourself. I think it could be very revealing. I guess that this feeling that you are covering up started at the time of your pre-teens, and that is why you are walking with her in silence.

The important building you see your boyfriend walking up to is probably an opportunity that can happen when you have walked long enough with the young girl. Then you will realise that you have left many of the skills and social ability behind, locked in the thing you couldn’t admit to. In fact I wonder if it is the hurry to get past the hurdles that is behind this.

Tony