Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Light that Shines  (Read 5202 times)

Waves

• View Profile
The Light that Shines
« on: March 04, 2011, 10:17:52 AM »

I was with several other people searching the rubble of what had been a great church. The building, ruined by some disaster such as an earthquake, or perhaps internal weakness, was now no more than a ruin of stones. Amongst the rubble we searched for anything that might be salvaged. Suddenly, among the stones that at one time made up a wall near the door, I found a most wonderful chalice. Its wonder was not because of any precious metal it was made of, or from artistry. It was because the stemmed cup shone with its own light, a light that never diminished. Just seeing it, being near it, produced an experience of awe and wonder.

As we took up the cup we understood that it was the emanation of this light around which the church had been built. Yet out of some fear, the chalice had been hidden in the wall of the church, and stranger yet, completely forgotten. With feelings moved by this tragedy we realised that for perhaps hundreds of years people had continued to attend the church, performing empty rituals, singing hymns, going through all the motions of worship without any direct relationship with the wonderful manifestation of the divine the cup gave. But now we could once more place the chalice in a place where anyone could stand in its light. For it shone on all without exception, and each of us, as we were permeated by that divine light, were transformed in some way by it.

Of course the dream explains itself, but I would appreciate any comments you would like to add. Waves.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: The Light that Shines
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 01:33:40 PM »
Waves – This is an extraordinary dream. The reason I say that is because you must have worked through a lot of mental clutter to dream so clearly. It seems obvious to me that you have seen through the enormous sham the church puts on, and have got back to what I call the Mother Church or a realisation of Life.

The dream says that you have let the whole structure of social religion crumble, and to get to that you must have gone on a long search and tried many things. Then when it all fell away you actually found what it was all about, without priests, and all the hierarchy built around religions. Then seeing the folly of it and the ruin, you did not become bitter and say it was all illusion, and we nothing but fodder for death, but searched on till you found the Light the Light that lights everyone. That was what the early Christians were willing to die for – not simply a superstitious belief, overseen by authority figures. As you say, “For it shone on all without exception, and each of us, as we were permeated by that divine light, were transformed in some way by it.”

Everybody has this light within them. It doesn’t have to be earned, or we do not have to do wonderful things or be very ‘spiritual’ to get it. We are all born with it. But mostly we cover it up, deny it, or avoid it. It is all explained in the New Testament.

The following is a quote from Yield.

This forgotten, and often rejected part of us, calls to us from every corner of our world - ‘Say, don’t you remember, they called me Al, it was Al all the time. Say, don’t you remember, I’m your pal, Buddy, can you spare a dime?

“Then began he to curse and to swear, saying ‘I know not the man’. And immediately the cock crowed. And Peter remembered the word of Jesus/Life, which said unto him, ‘Before the cock will crow thou shalt deny me thrice’. And he went out and wept bitterly.”

Do you dare to remember how many times you have denied your deepest love, your deepest wisdom, or the very power of Life in you? Peter’s bitter tears are nothing to ours. His denial was only three times, ours is often every day and all our lives. And when the morning of realisation is upon us, how may we weep?

Tony