Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most colorful, memorable dream I've had - need help interpreting.  (Read 4660 times)

Janda

• View Profile
I usually have interesting dreams, but seldom remember very many details.  This dream last night, however, was amazing in its detail and color, so I wrote it down as soon as I woke up.  That’s something else I seldom do!  Here’s the "scenario":

The center of the screen is a leafless “ginkgo” tree – at least the tree is the shape of the ginkgo leaf, if that makes sense – and the branches lean slightly towards the left.  On each side of that tree, but out of direct line of vision is another tree, but a different shape – these trees don’t seem to be significant.  A hawk is in the leafless tree and builds a nest, then the leaves start appearing.  The leaves are each shades of beige, gray and mauve in an organized, overlaying pattern, and they get thicker and thicker until the tree is very bushy with leaves.  The hawk (who is colored similarly to the leaves) sees me watching him and starts flying straight at me, and he looks kind of pissed off.  I can see his eyes and beak very clearly.  I turn to enter my house through sliding glass doors, and have to brush away small, slender, black, vertical, stick-like things from around my face.  Then I wake up.

I will appreciate any input.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Most colorful, memorable dream I've had - need help interpreting.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »
Janda – I take it this is an enlarged description of the other hawk dream.

I believe the tree is very significant. Such a tree is often the summary of your whole life. Its roots show your connection with your physical body and the earth, your family background and influences, and cultural roots. Its trunk the way you direct the energies of your being - growth, sex, thought, emotion. The branches are the abilities, directions and many facets you develop in life - varied and yet all connected in the common life process of your being. The top of the tree, or the end of the branches are your aspirations, the growing vulnerable tip of your personal growth and spiritual realisation. From this point of view, the leaves may represent your personal life, this particular life with its many activities and desires, that may fall off the tree - die - but what gave it life continues to exist.

Obviously the coming of the hawk brought colour and growth to the tree that you are. All the shades show the different aspects of your creativity. And the hawk flying to you is a wonderful sign. I know you tried to avoid it but if you had allowed it to come to you without fear it would have been a great meeting. You see, every part of a dream is crafted by your feeling and responses. So any anxiety will create one dream sequence, confidence and welcome another different scene.

And you have a wonderful gift if you will receive it. So try imagining yourself standing by the tree and the hawk flying toward you. Then, instead of avoiding it, open your body to it, so you and it are one.

I know that needs a bit of explaining, but dream images are parts of your nature, your being, that have got projected out of you into dream images. So every part of a dream can be taken into you in this way, and when you do it it allows a part of you that was not allowed expression to be known.

The more creative we are the more alive and many sided we are. And you have so many things you can be.

Tony