Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: transformation dream  (Read 5484 times)

mikey

• View Profile
transformation dream
« on: March 08, 2011, 04:28:45 PM »
hi tony,
i had a very interesting dream last night which i think is of some significance,especially the feminine aspect you mentioned to me in one of my earlier dream post responses,
the dream,
i see a female cat tumbling over and over down a steep grassy hill,she becomes unconscious and lands in the water,without thinking i jumped in and pulled her out,wrapped her in a towel and brought her back to life.
later on i was doing something else in the dream,when i hear a voice saying that she wants to thank me for saving her life,
i turn round to see a tall female with short dark hair,she thanks me by kissing me,she then says that she loves me and she did not know this until 40 minutes ago,she knows i am the one.

what came to mind on thinking about this dream was something i heard joseph campbell say,
how is it,that a human can so participate in the pain or peril of another,that, without thinking will sacrifice themselves to the other.
this is the breakthrough to the realization that you and the other are one,
that phrase i believe sums up this dream perfectly.
the other thing that i felt within the dream was the presence of shakti,
now i had no idea what or who shakti was,so i followed it up,i know now!
i am amazed at the lengths the unconscious goes to to make a point.
mikey :D

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: transformation dream
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:48:07 PM »
Mikey – I have witnessed it again and again, how wonderful the unconscious is, and what wonderful ways it leads us – if we let it.

Although I feel it is a slight misnomer to call it the unconscious. It feels to me as if it is us who is unconscious, and THAT is the shining an fully conscious one.

About Shakti though, here is an interesting quote from Mind and Movement.

Shaktipat- The Indian Way to Enlightenment
In his article Between Coma and Convulsion, in Energy and Character, David Boadella quotes the report of a person studying the self-regulatory practices in India. Although this is a recent account, the yoga practice it describes has been used for many centuries in India:

I have been in India for about four months now and I thought the readers of Energy and Character might be interested in the similarities between Reichian work and Shaktipat or Kriya Yoga. The Sanscrit word ‘shakti’ means energy, bio-energy, or more correctly, bio- cosmic energy. Shaktipat is a practice which is described as the loosening of this energy by a guru from the way it may be blocked in us. When this shakti energy is loosened and no longer tightly bound by the control of the conscious mind it begins to circulate in the body. It is then said to open up energy channels or pathways, and usually begins to manifest in what are known as ‘kriya’. Kriyas are spontaneous movements of the body and of the respiratory system. One interesting aspect of kriyas, which resemble Reichian abreaction, is that they very often manifest as highly involved asanas (body postures) and as mudras (meditational postures involving the hands). I have seen many persons who practice shakipat enter a phase of intense energy flow in which breathing becomes rapid and involuntary and in which people begin with great rapidity to do asanas they never knew and which they ordinarily would never have been able to perform. Although the conscious practice of asanas facilitates this process, true hatha yoga (Indian techniques using physiological processes to integrate ones being) occurs involuntarily in this kriya phase. The burst of energy that results is sometimes astounding and may continue for well over an hour. The movements in some individuals are so intense and frantic they appear dangerous. In other persons the movements are soft, delicate and flowing. Thus some persons may breathe like locomotives, beat themselves repeatedly, stand on their heads, bellow, twist their limbs in the most unbelievable postures; others begin to dance harmoniously, to sing softly in languages they have never learned, to be¬come playful and flirtatious and to utter strange sounds.
The explanation for this is that the shakti is opening or purifying obstructions in the energy pathways, that the individual is working out the results of past actions and experience, and that an evolutionary process is allowed to unfold which eventually will result in an expansion of awareness.

In this kind of meditation the individual sits still, but not rigidly; he doesn’t concentrate in any way, but simply relaxes as much as possible and permits the energy to do its thing. The energy is of course thought of as ultimately cosmic or divine. Hence the path of enlighten¬ment lies in relinquishing ego control and identifications and allowing this bio-cosmic energy to express itself and lead us. The final results of this process is the opening of the highest brain centres in a new type of consciousness in which the individual merges with the universal consciousness. The total process takes a very long time but this should not dissuade us as each stage has its own rewards. The bodily spasms, automatic breathing, asanas, contortions and reflex patterns that manifest spontaneously as the energy gains momentum all serve to purify the organism. Though some of these phenomena may sound strange they are not experienced as unpleasant once the practitioner no longer totally identifies with bodily processes. Thus the meditator can be totally in their body without identifying totally with its experiences.

My experience is that this can start very gently, and is felt as a vibratory force flowing in your body, and can be felt by others.

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 09:17:25 AM »
thank you again for your words of wisdom,
sometimes only one word or sentence  is needed to trigger a flow of feelings,
your words,it is US that are unconscious, are very profound ,so much emphasis put on the so called conscious self ,when really its all in reverse,
the idea of relinquishing control,or as jung put it,the shifting of the centre of gravity of the self,is one of the most important parts of any spirtual quest,and to some it is difficult,
i am no exception,even though i experienced something that shifted my centre of gravity years ago,
been fighting it ,or more correctly struggling with it ever since,but still i know deep down that it was real,
the bliss of ignorance or the angst of enlightenment?,
this has been my chapel perilous experience.
mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:28:39 AM »
Thanks so much for sharing with me.

I also feel so young and blind. But I have had wonderful things happen, like sunlight breaking through scudding low clouds.

At one time I was working in a hotel restaurant - a writer doesn't earn much - and suddenly a gap came in one of the heavy clouds. I saw the elderly boss talking to an elderly waitress as they were waiting for the opening. And I saw a column of energy connecting them at the solar plexus, and I knew, as if reading every tiny movement that they made, and every shift or their expressions, that it showed they had had sex recently. And that was something I had not expected. I saw in the same way, that whoever has sex connects in this way and there is an influx from each partner. In fact so much information was flowing from seeing them in this new way, I could see that although they were talking about the weather, all manner of other signals was passing between them. Then it was gone and the cloud passed between the sun.

Tony