Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Disturbing Dream  (Read 4709 times)

Cherub

• View Profile
Disturbing Dream
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:58:22 AM »
I woke up at 5 this morning due to a scary dream. I usually do not remember dreams and hence the amazing clarity with which I remember this particular dream is chilling.

I dreamed I woke up and left my room to join my mom one floor down. I came back a while later and opened the door to my bedroom. There, the door bang opposite the entrance that opens in the balcony was open letting sunlight stream in (I never open it if I can help it). there was a white pigeon/dove with end of feathers being grey that was trying to snuggle under my quilt. As if running and hiding from someone/thing. I saw it and realized something is wrong with it. And then I noticed it was bleeding. I am mortally scared of any and every kind of animal so I scream for my brother to come help it. And while the bird is still wriggling, I know it has no chance and it is already dead. I fell into an uneasy sleep after that but felt the whole time that the bird's body is lying next to me.

I have not seen any bird accident and I am a strict vegetarian so I have not even seen any kind of slaughtered animal or blood. Could you please help me decipher this dream? I have been disturbed the entire day and now have a raging headache + a feeling something will go wrong. Please help. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Disturbing Dream
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 09:12:31 AM »
Cherub – I think you are in a fix. You are terrified or animals – yet you ARE an animal. That means you are in fear of yourself. You have the animal actually as part of your brain – The reptilian brain; the mammalian brain; and the human brain. The human is built on the foundations of the reptile, and that is built upon the mammal in us. We would not exist without them. So you are in conflict with yourself.

Your dream shows you turning to your mother. Then the sun pours into your bedroom – a wonderful sign. But you never let it in – a sure sign you are hiding in a dark mental space. And after that the white dove, another wonderful sign of something you have left to die.

The sunlight is Life. Shutting it out means disaster. The white dove represents a downflow or what we could call ‘grace’ – or a spiritual experience.

Please face your fears and find Life.

Tony