Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tree  (Read 6749 times)

horizen

• View Profile
Tree
« on: March 20, 2011, 07:54:28 AM »
Hello!  I'm wondering what the tree in my dream means.  I dreamt there was this large healthy tree in the backyard.  It had a thick strong trunk.  I was admiring the bark when a guiding persona said something to me about carving a niche in it?  I scooped out about a Tablespoon of bark, to create a hole.  More like a nick,actually.  Then the voice/lady told me to get inside the tree trunk, via this hole presumably.  However, I was doubtful about the logic of this, the physics of this.  How would that work?  The opening is far too small for a person to get in?  But by the magic of dreams, the next time I looked at the trunk of the tree the opening was a bit bigger, not much grant you, but I moved toward it anyway, and somehow the next thing I knew I was inside the tree.  It was like a little shelter.  A good hiding place.  (Note* I may have dreamt about this because that day I was reflecting on how my grandfather would scoop out sap from spruce trees and chew it like gum! So I was marveling at that during the day). 
Next thing I know I HAVE TO leave the tree.  Either I was told this, ordered to do this, or just knew it.  I had the feeling of not wanting to come out, yet I HAD TO, so I did.  I came out from inside the tree....I walk back to my family's "house" only in the dream it seems to function more like a building/dormhouse/apartment etc because there are lots of different people coming and going and dwelling there.  Also it has more dimensions and levels to it than in real life.  As I approach the house I can see underneath it, below to it's foundations, and I notice it is ON FIRE.  The fire hasn't reached the rest of the house yet, not even the first level, but it's liek a bunsen burner with a couple flames going upward.  I sense the danger of it growing and spreading out of control, if it gets out of hand the whole building will be destroyed.  I pick up the hose and turn the water on it.  It extinguishes it as long as I have the water spraying on it.  The second I let up the flames resume.  I keep hosing it for as long as I can.  Yet I need to get inside the house to retrieve my things, to warn other people.  I can't do any of that without abandoning the hose, yet that risks the fire groing out of control if I'm not constantly on it.  There are many people coming and going, so I try to grab the attention of one of the young men passing by.  He doesn't listen or seem to care about the fire.  I repeat myself and why its important that he take over the hose for a bit while I go inside to get my things.  There's a fire under the house, I explain.  He doesn't seem to get it.  My words don't compel his interest.  So I grab his chin and make him turn his face toward me as I repeat again why he needs to take over the hose and water down the fire at the base of the house.  I realize I can't stay stuck here, forever keeping this house safe.  It's time for me to retrieve my things and leave.  If I can't convince this man to temporarily hose down the danger while I do this, it puts us all in danger.  I tried my best to convince him. of the dire situation.  I can't help it if he chooses to remain oblivious to the situation.  I leave.  I go upstairs.  Up to the higher levels.  And yes, I sense the house is now burning.  No one is keeping the fire down.  I'm in what appears to be my room, there is someone else there as well.  There is a bed and I'm desparately trying to figure out which clothes I should take with me as the house burns down. This is actually holding me up.  The indecision.  Because in my mind it's like I'm about to start a whole new life, where everything that came beforewill be disintigrated into oblivion andwhat I take with me now is important, vital, because it will literally be ALL I'll have to make a new life out of.  For some reason the clothes represent to me the uniform, the raw materials if you will, I'll have to fashion a new life in.  Which pair of jeans should I take with me?  Which ones will reprsent me best for what comes ahead?  Yet I'm uncertain what kind of path I'll be facing so I'm not sure what to wear to it.  This or that? Will my life after the house burns involve being destiute, outdoors, hiking, living the rough life, out in nature? Or will I need business clothes? Or hiking clothes? Warm or cold weather clothes?  I'm not sure what my new environment will be yet it's critical I prepare for it. I'm there comparing and considering , with my clothes laid out on the  bed.  I feel the pressure to decide fast because the house is burning down, and whatever I chooose will be forever, or at least with me for a long while, and all I'll have to boot (since everything else is going to be destroyed by the fire).  Interestingly, I dreamt this scenario before (house burning/my rushing to take things with me before it burns down, and being stuck decideing which clothes to take with me, for all the same reasons listed above). 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Tree
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 10:24:33 AM »
Horizen – The tree is all that you have been and all that you can be. In the tree you have all the stages and passage of your growth. But people feel they can understand this by thinking about it or looking at the surface image. The dream image is simply a mask, just as the desktop icon on the computer is only an indication of what lies beneath it. So when you went into the tree you have the possibility of fully engaging with what lies beneath the image. If you wish to do this see the feature http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-in-your-dream/

In dreams you are no longer subject to the laws that govern your life in a body. Of course in the body you could never get through the small hole. But in your dream self you are multi dimensional – except mostly people insist on keeping their image of themselves fixed to their body.

Then the fire, and that takes up a great deal of your energy and thoughts – that and what should you wear. It seems again that despite seeing that you did the impossible in getting into the tree, you still cling to the idea that it is important to have the right clothes. That may be important in the world of waking life, but in dreams you can be anything you need to be, and clothes will come spontaneously. It is more important to know what qualities and skills you have, and whether you can escape from the prison of your conditioning – the conditioning that tells you it is impossible to do what you later did.

The fire is the possibility of an enormous change. It can be the passage from one way of life to another. Pity you were so tied up with appearances – the clothes. I believe that we do not need to plan so thoroughly for the changes that Life itself puts us through.

But although it may seem as if all that has gone before has been disintegrated into oblivion, Life is never quite like that. Certainly it draws you into oblivion – or so it seems – but it brings you out the other side with the best of what you had from before, and usually with a few more bells and whistles.

Tony

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:58:53 AM »
Tony - can I but in and ask a question? I have found Horizen's dreams Fascinating!

My question is : is there an element of the dream bringing to the attention that there is a need to escape a relational situation; ie get out before you are completely consumed - you've done everything you can for the people involved and now you need to save yourself before it's too late. (Except that there is a pull because of the 'things' - the belonging, the past etc) Or am I being too literal?

Thanks!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 09:15:51 AM »
Possibly - but we have to wait and see what the enormous change is going to be about. Sometimes I have dreamt of earthquakes, buildings falling down, threats of being crushed, and then the changes only came about in three months or more. And in the end they were profoundly helpful changes, though I found them difficult at the time.

It seems to me that our value systems are usually - excuse me - all to cock. We have been educated in such weird values that no wonder we are in pain or distressed. So our inner process of growth pushes us on, despite ourselves, and we end up a calmer and more mature person.

Tony

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 12:14:43 PM »
Thanks Tony!