Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tinkerbell steals my baby?  (Read 8589 times)

AKT118

• View Profile
Tinkerbell steals my baby?
« on: March 25, 2011, 07:25:06 AM »
I had a dream where I was telling my husband (after I saw it happen) that Tinkerbell kept magically putting our cribs on Craigslist so that while we were out getting our cribs back, she could steal our youngest baby. (And the scene from HOOK where Tinkerbell is holding the leaf over baby Peter in the rain is so clear-then she takes him to Neverland-My other son who is now 15 mo old was watching this happen from his crib, which was mysteriously not in the rain, , on Craigslist or outside...dreams...)"Because that's what Tinkerbells do," I said, "steal babies and take them to Neverland"...WTF?

I haven't watched that movie or thought about Tinkerbell in years.  It was so random!

I'm pregnant and I've only had one other dream this pregnancy that I remember.  That one was about rings and it was immediately clear to me what that one meant. 

In real life, a week ago we found out our coming baby boy has Down's syndrome and an upper intestinal blockage.  Yesterday was spent meeting the perinatologist, the neonatologist and touring the NICU and learning about how he may spend weeks or months there recovering from the surgery he'll need right after birth.  The Dr.'s were saying they hope I make it to 32 weeks because of the complications and I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow.  I'm very much at peace with the Down's diagnosis because I believe every life has a purpose and that there is a plan.    I believe my life has prepared me to be the best Mom for this kid.  (If you're curious about my piece of mind, you can read my blog about it here: discoveringdowns.com) 

But this dream was last night after all of that Dr. stuff. I can't figure out why I would dream that Tinkerbell (random) was trying to steal my baby. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Tinkerbell steals my baby?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »
AKT – I feel that Tinkerbell stealing the baby and taking it to Neverland/Heaven is a form of warning. But it seems like a Neverland Story in which children disappear and come back again. So quite honestly I cannot say it is bad news or good. So I feel there is a lot of uncertainty about it. Is that your own uncertainty reflected in the dream, or is it a truth? I do not know. I do know there is a lot of magic in the dream.

Tony

PS I read you blog, and thank you for that.

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 01:46:50 PM »
I hope you don't mind me posting AKT but what an amazing dream!

Coming back from Neverland speaks to me of lost innocence. A parallel with leaving Eden - coming of age.

Yesterday sounds to have been a traumatic experience in which you were forced to 'wake up and smell the coffee' to use a cliche. Babies being stolen is surely every mother's fear! Maybe there is a parallel in babies being 'bewitched' by a mischevious element such as Tinkerbell who is notoriously jealous of anyone who might supplant her in Peter's affections. 'Tinkerbell' has kind of spoilt your 'happy expectations' with added complications and implying a threat to your child's time with you. That 'hope he makes it to 32 weeks' must have felt like a bit of a threat that he'd be stolen away from you!

Thoughts and prayers for you!

AKT118

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 07:34:29 AM »
Thanks guys for your replies!!  They both struck cords of truth in me.  I think I've been denying my fear and sadness a bit. 

AKT118

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 07:41:59 AM »
Ok I thought of something else.  In the dream when I say to my husband, "Because that's what Tinkerbell's do" I say it like it's a fact of life, something that just can't be changed.  I think that's how I've been trying to deal with the diagnosis.  Trying to deny the feeling that something is being stolen from me by saying "well, that's life".  I still feel like the fact that it was Tinkerbell and Neverland have importance but I'm not entire sure what.  I do see the Heaven/innocence parallels though.

Thanks again guys for your replies!  Hopefully this will open new doors to understanding my own feelings towards this whole thing.

Midlander

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 12:40:57 PM »
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and all love and prayers to you as you prepare for his birth!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 11:27:34 AM »
I agree. Prayers and hope are quite magical things.

So changing your view of things can create a whole new world. Here is a wonderful story from the book Closer to the Light.

The child spent several months in the intensive care unit of this small town because the mother did not want to transfer him to a large city where she would not be allowed to spend full time with him. Doctors decided not to encourage her to move the child since they felt the injuries were so massive that no treatment would be possible.
The child had severe cerebral palsy secondary to brain damage and a seizure disorder that had shown up on an abnormal EEG. These are afflictions from which children simply don’t recover. If they survive infancy, they spend their lives severely retarded.
The doctors told her their prognosis, but still the mother stayed with her child. By all accounts she was with the boy almost twenty-four hours a day for several months. Perhaps it was the strain of the ordeal or sleep deprivation that led to what happened next.
Late one night, she said, a Being of Light came into her hospital room. Later she described it as having the shape of a person, but not the features of either a male or a female. It glowed with a cold, gray light as though light were being beamed through an ice cube.
“Your son will be all right,” the being said.
The woman said that she felt as though love were being poured into her body. “It was marvelous.”
The next day she shared this vision with her medical team. She was especially excited because the being had assured her that her son was going to be normal. Could they please do another EEG to see if anything had happened?
They repeated the brain-wave test and came up with the startling results: normal. The child had made a full recovery.

Tony