Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Not trying to be rude...this really was my dream  (Read 5404 times)

Leslie

• View Profile
Not trying to be rude...this really was my dream
« on: March 26, 2011, 07:01:00 AM »
Hello

I am walking by a toilet and I glance in and see toilet paper blocking the hole...I decide to flush it but the toilet plugs and begins overflowing. My apologies, but a very large turd, for lack of a better word floats to the top, as does a large dog bone. Like a cartoon dog bone, big, white and with a rounded knob on each end. I am embarrassed because I think my husband is going to blame me for plugging the toilet.  All of  a sudden to my great relief, it  begins to drain, and as I'm watching the last of it go through I wondering how come it's all fitting down what are now very tiny holes, like you see in a sink strainer. I am also no longer looking in a toilet per se, but kind of like leaning over a large deep bathtub watching it all drain away. That's it.

Your insight is appreciated.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Not trying to be rude...this really was my dream
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 01:58:52 PM »
Leslie – Because you were just passing by the toilet, it suggests a problem you have only just become aware of.

In general the toilet can link with problems or difficulties in you that need attention. This means it can also link with the ‘stink’ – the unacceptable parts of you, that you do not want others to know about or be exposed to. So any mess in the toilet can be saying that there are things about yourself that need attention and cleaning up. So that was why you were worried about your husband.

Plugging the toilet probably means you were holding out on some emotional issue that you felt would be unpleasant to share.

The large dog bone – as a child my mother had a saying, “I have a bone to pick with you!” every time I had been found out for something bad or naughty. But I do not know whether you know that saying, but it does seem to fit the rest of the story the dream tells.

The draining away says you somehow found a way of letting the difficult feeling ‘drain away’. And the bathtub suggests it was a cleaning or purifying experience.

Tony